venlafaxine for pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My doc just gave me some Venlafaxine for the pain Ive had in my testicles for over 2 years. Ive tried several other drugs,none of which has helped in slightest!

Ive just taken first pill about 2 hours ago & when I walked my dog just now I felt weird like I was drunk but I could still think straight! I also felt like my vision is altered like Im looking down a tunnel! I think I may bin these as I drive & operate power tools in my job so Id be scared Id hurt myself or someone else. These are only the 37mg pills as well, hate to think of the trip Id be on with full strength!

Dangerous drug!rolleyes

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Stick with them they will make u feel strange until they start working..good luck 
    • Posted

Why on earth would anyone "stick with them" in the hope they might suddenly work? A bit like eating some food you dislike in the hope that eventually you will like it! I very much doubt they are going to work for my pain, I threw them in the bin anyway!

Quite surprised the junkies havent caught on to this stuff yet - they might enjoy the spaced out dizzy feeling along with the ringing in the ears & tunnel vision! Not for me tho thanks! I use powerful machinery at work & wont risk mine or any other persons life!

• Posted

I found when I started on them was hard the side affects but that's all passed and they have saved my life
    • Posted

glad they worked for you Jackie!biggrin
    • Posted

Thanks jimbob, I hope u find something that works for u and ur pain free 
  • Posted

it is a very bad drug. i had taken a 37 mg tablet too and i went to the er 2 times in one day. it took me 4 days to get better. i think i am still having some kind of reactio to the drug 2 weeks later. it should be bannes!!!!!
    • Posted

totally agree Ann! how this drug ever got passed & on the market is beyond belief! Cant imagine why anyone would continue to take this in the hope that the side effects will apss & THEN it will work is bizarre! I can understand a drug not having an immediate effect & so you have to take it for a while before you get the results you need but to keep taking this while it does what it does? ............
  • Posted

i only took 1 37mg pill. now almost 3 weeks later im still having a few side effects. it is a horrible drug.
    • Posted

How long where u on them for Ana?
  • Posted

I just found this thread. Jimbob, I hope you recovered. 

I've been sick for the last 4 months from taking 5 doses of Venlafaxine. I can just appeal to anyone who reads this: If you feel very ill after taking the first dose of antidepressant, immediately stop taking it and never touch any antidepressant again. 

There is some people who get very serious adverse reactions. I've read a couple of cases where people thought they should "push through" the side effects. Some of them were still sick years later. 

These reactions are not listed in the leaflets and most doctors and psychiatrists deny them, so if this happens to you, you'll likely get no support from your doctors whatsoever. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.