Venlafaxine hell please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been on venlafaxine for about 4 and half years 150mg and about 3 weeks ago it seemed to just poop out on me & stopped working. I was put on it due to anxiety but now it's come back twice as bad sad doc said she wouldn't up the dose as it probably wouldn't help as my body has become immune so got to start the withdrawal. For the past week I have been taking 112.5mg and i honestly feel awful. Been referred to mental health team but who knows how long that will take. Seeing gp tomorrow and he's thinking of adding 5mg of escitalopram to help through withdrawing from the ven and got a few diazepam to try help with the constant anxiety. I have lost nearly a stone as i haven't been able to eat, suffering insomnia, diarrhoea, body aches, dry mouth, and this horrid feeling like I'm detached from myself. Is this normal? Honestly feels like it's never going to end x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It should eventually end.  Drug withdrawal symptoms are not permanent.
    • Posted

I just wish they told me years ago the effect venlafaxine can have on you. I have 3 children to look after and being constantly anxious is horrid. I wouldn't wish this on anyone
  • Posted

Yes it's all normal. I'm on day 5 without Veneflaxine. But through the decreased doses you experience all what your mentioning. The brain zaps are awful. X
    • Posted

It's non stop all day, the uncontrollable shaking is driving me insane. I'm so anxious and it won't go away sad xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.