Venlafaxine help please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i was taking vensir xl 75mg then had dose put up to 150mg viepax immediate release 75mg twice a day, have been taking this dose for a week and it has made me vomit feel sleepy and given me heartburn, did better on vensir extended release 75mg, can i just change back, does anyone know, thanks.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I eventually landed on 150 extended which stabilized me very well.  Take at night.  BUt!!!!! it has a short half life and the last time I forgot to take it until the next morning, I went into severe(for me, the wimp) withdrawal.  My psych is taking me off it at my request with zoloft.  But this adjustment ---well--it's an adjustment.  If you were on ER then why immediate now?  I'm a nurse but pharmacology is very confusig.  I wish you well!

• Posted

Viepax immediate release 75mg twice a day is apparantly cheaper to prescribe than 150mg of extended release venlafaxine, don't like the viepax though they are tablets, and had capsules before.

• Posted

Contact the pharmaceutical company and see if they can give you a break on the price.  Keeping it level in your system is crucial or you will flip into withdrawal.  Maybe your body will adjust to the timese you are taking it.
    • Posted

I think i will make appointment to see my gp don't like the side effects on 150mg think i will go back on 75mg didn't have any side effects with that dose.

• Posted

I think that's a good move.  If you were doing OK, why did he up you?  I guess I was upped because I still admitted to not being 100%/  That was 8 years ago.  Thought I would be on it for the rest of my life.  I was satisfied with the evenness of my spirit until that episode.  Then I started looking at the message boards. Yikes!

• Posted

Same reason as me, although i would rather do ok on 75mg than have side effects at 150mg, don't know how some people can tolerate 225 or 300mg of it though, goodnight for now will let you know how i get on smile

• Posted

Still didnt feel 100 per cent after switching from 15mg escitolapram because i couldnt tolerate that and didnt do well only on 10mg of escitolapram was on that for two years, been on the ven for 3 and a half months.
    • Posted

I started on 75mg then 150mg & now 225mg. Iv been on it since March after having an awful time on mirt .. I dnt feel any difference from the lower dose .. which I think you should after 4-6wks. So I'm thinking it's just the wrong drug.. maybe the same for u.. I dnt think going bk down will make u any better.. I'm warn out of trying now such hard work

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

I can't see any reason why if it's only been a week. I did see some information before about side effects and Nytol apparently helps.

I also had heartburn but went after a week, I'm still really sleepy after taking them for 6 weeks, so I hope this goes away. It will also make you feel hungry all the time, try and buy something like rice cakes with no fat.

Let me know how you get on, take care

Neil xxx

• Posted

Be careful taking nytol with venlafaxine, as my pharmacist and doctor have both said you shouldnt have things like that when on antidepressants, they dont mix well and will increase that sleepy drowsy feeling of your venlafaxine.
    • Posted

Hey Neil u will always feel sleepy to a certain extent. .ven is also a sleeping aid 😕
    • Posted

Don't get wrong mess have always made me a bit drowsy to a certain extent but these really just want to me sleep. I've never felt like anything before, on the other hand I finished other meds as well so might be a combination of both xx

• Posted

If you are on pills, they need to stay level in your bloodsream to be effective.  If on once a day, take at night;  pill or capsule.  Many meds have to have the first pass throught the liver and then should even out.  If they don't you are takiing too much.  (old hospice wisdom)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.