venlafaxine increase !

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all could do with some advice...i have recently had my venlafaxine time release XL increased from 75mg a day to 150mg a day........does anyone know how long these take to take effect ...also when is a good time to take the tablets ...i am on two a day and finding that they are keeping me awake at night......is it worth hanging on and see if they will work ??.....any advice appreciated thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You might need some trial and error to find the best time for you to take them. Theoretically the XL version releases the drug steadily over the 24hr period, so it shouldn't matter but in my case it suits me best to take two 75 mg XL tablets at night and one as soon as I wake up in the morning to give me a boost when I most need it. I'm on 225mg dosage.

• Posted

cheers lovely thanks for advice its all so confusing yep deffo a trial and error methinks...cheers for that  x
  • Posted

I'm currently weaning off from 150mg a day. I took the slow release in the morning before work. Approx 6am. Was fine all day and manage sleep at night ok.

Iv reduced to 110mg but tomorrow I drop again to 75mg. Been ok up to now.

I remember increasing and I'd say 3/4 week before you notice the benefits. Hope this helps. Been on this medication for 15 years. Been having collapses so need come off it. Having said that this drug saved my life so I would still recommend it. Maybe not stay on it as long as I have x

• Posted

cheers hun thanks for advice..i really dont like taking them at night because of the no sleeping issue but hard to think of a time to take them!!....glad it saved your life ..hoping the same for me...thanks so for answering  x

• Posted

I have recently restarted the non-controlled release after unsuccessfully trying to give up (depression came back 12 weeks after I stopped). I've noticed positive effects within a week of starting/increasing the dose and a plateau in improvement after about 4.5 weeks. Apart from my attempt to come off it, I've been on the drug for 19.5 years and it's given me a completely normal life. I'm non-functional without it. I wouldn't fiddle with the time you take it, or if you do change times do it gradually to avoid side effects.
    • Posted

thanks for advice ...not messing with times you take makes sense now as especially its time release.....thanks for that,,,i wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.