venlaxafine

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi there, iwas on citralapram for 2 years 20/30/then 40mg from dec 14 i was seeing a councellor and taking the 40mg, a mth ago my doctor changed me to venlaxafine 75mg once a day them due to NHS restrictions my councellor told me i had all the sessions that nhs would allow she told me i was still ill and i could go bk to her in 3 mths, my doctor changed tabs to venlalic xl 150mg but over the past wk i cant sleep im tearful most of the time anxiety has come back and feeling REALLY low only been on higher 150mg dose for 14 days has anyone else experienced this sort of change. many  thanks x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It is early days for the venlafaxine, at a month, and only 14 days on the 150mg. Venlalic xl is prolonged release venlafaxine, it spreads out the absorption over 24 hours. It might start working better soon. I've been on 225 mg venlalic for several years, in combination with 30 mg mirtazapine, and it's worked well for me. I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

thankyou for the reasurrance,may i ask you why you take venlafaxine xx

• Posted

hi, yes i know what you mean i had depression for 2 years took cit and was weaning off then november last year due to bullying and humiliation at work it started all over again only worse been signed of work since with severe aggravated depression anxiety and low self esteem. can i ask you have you applied for P I P and if so how long you waited etc. many thaks jayne xx
    • Posted

Can't help on the PIP I'm afraid. When I had to stop work because of illness, I claimed Incapacity Benefit and had to go to an assessment for that (I was a nervous wreck, which helped my claim!) but now I'm retired.
    • Posted

hi, im 56 and thought about early retirement but not profitable, ive applied for P I P and was told about ESA they say 16 wks for a pip assessement, did you stop work because of depression issues. i hope you are happily retired not having to wait for assessments and all that, thankyou for chatting to me it helps. Do you think i should of gone for ESA. BEST WISHES JAYNE XX
    • Posted

Sorry I don't know much about the new benefits so can,'t advise you. I was 57 when I had to leave work, having been off sick for two spells of 6 months with a few months back at work in between. My employers ( the local authority) sent me to their doctor, who ruled I was not eligible for early retirement. I wasn't too bothered, since I hadn't accrued much of a pension anyway. So I handed in my notice, and claimed Incapacity Benefit until I reached 60. I did have to have assessments, "fitness to work" interviews etc during that time. Then when I reached 60 the IB was replaced by the State Pension and I was better off! I've also felt happier and more settled since then, no longer having to prove my Incapacity and not feeling guilty about claiming benefits. I'm happy to chat with you, I'm glad it helped.
    • Posted

i work for the local authority also been ther over 20 years, my pension age unfortunately is 65 thats another 9 years ive got to wait. ive had O H assessment im march and they said "cant put a time frame on when you can go bk to work", ive applied for p i p and been told assessment will take 16wks to happen, atm i dont know if after that amount of time i want to go through another assessment its now i need the help not in 16 wks time, ive already been off work 8 months straight off, no recommendations made by O H have been put in place and im not prepared to go bk just to be bullied and humiliated again. lovely to chat to you take care and thanks for the advice xx
    • Posted

Yes, I was lucky I was in the last year to retire at 60! I have had to wait until 65 to get my local authority pension.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.