Vertigo and dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been off balance for 3 years had mri scan on the brain,ecg,vertigo tests,blood tests but im told its anxiety.this is interfering with my everyday life.

I walk around as iff im drunk im getting really scared now because it's not going away.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

At your next appointment you make sure you tell them it is not caused by anxiety, but, that anxiety is caused by the conditon,which is physical!! This makes me so mad when they fob people,off with this ignorance!!
    • Posted

Lots, cant remember them all. MRI, Audiology, all the tests an NEuro Otologist does.  IF you are new to all this i suggest you go to VEDA (vestibular Disorders Association).  they have a website and are on FB too. Lots,of good info on there about all the different kinds dizzy, unbalance etc etc and symptoms,treatments.
    • Posted

They Have a lot,of info,on there, so,dig into their web page. there's a,lot,to,absorb and i am still finding things from them that are new,to me after all this time!,
    • Posted

P.s. Sign on for their newsletter, dont bother with membership as you have to,pay for that,but the newsletter is free and the FB page you can ask questions on there.
  • Posted

I suddenly had a horrible attack out of the blue at the beginning of this year, it started with dreadful night sweats & night terrors (which made me think it was hormonal but doctor dismissed as am "only" 44), then following day could not stand or walk as so dizzy, could not move head from left to right, couldn't stand bright light, felt INCREDIBLY sick and felt extremely panicked - "out of control" which is totallyh not me.  Was taken to A&E fear meningitis, had tests inc MRI.  Put on a drip for 24 hrs to rehydrate & strong antibiotics.  Neurologist concluded mother of all migraines, possible cause viral infection / bacterial infection / stress (or combination thereof).  Had two further attacks the following next two months, now been prescribed Prochlorperazine.  I take 5mg when I feel an attack coming on, building up to (and no more than) 30mg in 24 hrs.  So far so good - has prevented attack from developing.  Wishing you well! xx
    • Posted

Hi Angela not sure if we have the same problem, for years I have been off balance I walk as if im drunk I really have to concentrate when im walking, some days are not as bad

• Posted

Hmmmm....I have a friend who I think has something which has those symptoms....let me contact her tomorrow xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.