Very Fed Up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all my second time posting on here. 

So I have just got a new job as a field engineer. I am currently undergoing training.

My heels were hurting quite a lot today but I realised my skechers are pretty worn so I have ordered some new ones. 

I have emailed a local physio asking about shockwave therapy as was recommended to me. 

Really want to beat this horrible heel pain and be able to work pain free. Hopefully work tomorrow will be ok.

Just wanted to share how I am doing. I really appreciate all the great support offered by this forum. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Be careful abort chosing your next pair of shoes. Soft Skechers were the reason for my ongoing pf, they lacked the necessary support for my arches, so I basically walked my feet to ruins... Each step My feet collapsed, I could see it myself on video on walking band.

Be sure to discuss with your podiatrist what shoes suits your feet. It's not worth risking you get a pair that in the worst case actually might make your situation worse.

Take care and the best of luck to you!

//Thomas in Sweden

• Posted

Yes, it's so frustrating, tomorrow's another day, perhaps a sleep and some antiinflamatories will help. I am off to have a warm wrap on my feet as new insoles are causing discomfort. 

Keep us in the loop how you are. 

• Posted

Hello Thomas.

Sorry about your situation. I have PF as well for 2 years and I am very frustrated. 

Hang in there. 

I am on my feet all day and very fed up sometimes because it starts hurting for a couple of hours.

Good News is I have been undergoing shockwave therapy. I will be getting my 3rd treatment this June 6th. Let me tell you, it is the best! It has improved my gait and my pain is tolerable now. I can walk longer than before. I am less stiff in the morning and stronger. I am SO happy with it. My PF is not totally healed but atleast it helped. I will keep you posted. 

Also, I go to the gym to strengthen my lower leg muscles.... That helps also. 

You got this! 

Continue to stretch everyday and a lot of ice therapy. smile 

I also have customized orthotics (very expensive $400 but worth it) and my new shoes is NEW BALANCE..... PERFECT. <3 i get less pain with these.  i="" get="" less="" pain="" with="">

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.