Very large lipoma on shoulder blade

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have a very large lipoma on my shoulder blade, about the size of a tennis ball. Has anyone ever had one this big removed and what happened?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi I had 1 slightly smaller than that removed from my chest last Friday (22/10/10) it took about 20 mins. I had 5 local anestetic jabs & then the surgeon cut the skin ocross the top of it & it popped out, I have 6 stitches in a wound about 5 inches long. I would say its uncomfotable more than painful afterwards & i'm pleased its gone. the stitches r due out next friday. good luck with yours & my very best wishes :D
  • Posted

Must be something in the name Lizzy! I'm having a lipoma about the same size removed from my right shoulder blade on 8th feb.
  • Posted

I had a large lipoma on my left shoulder blade for 7 years and recently it has been causing pain on my front left hand side and at the lymph node under arm. My GP examined it 4 months ago and referred me to a hospital to have it removed. This was done 2 months ago and it was the size of a cricket ball and assume it was benign as I have not been told otherwise by the hospital. There is still a very small lump at the same spot. Last week I noticed a new lipoma under my right arm about 1.5 " diameter I will be making an appointment to see my GP this week.Not sure whether this is just a co-incidence or whether by removing the lipoma has caused the new one to develop somewhere else. I am researching this at the moment. If anyone has any information please ley me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.