Very new to this post viral fatigue

Posted , 11 users are following.

Still getting used to how this affects me it's my 59th birthday today was hoping to get out for just a couple of hours but nooo my body has other ideas, so it's lying on sofa for me today with messages and family round at intervals so strange how this affects you as a very Independant lady as I'm sure all of you are too. It takes a bit of getting used to, such as life 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aw, happy birthday and try to concentrate on the special time you can enjoy today. I too have not been able to do much today and it's hard to be able to enjoy others company when you're exhausted.

Best wishes Beverley

• Posted

So true Beverley I know I shouldn't think it but I'm only human and I thinking just give me a break today long enough to enjoy my birthday with my family, it's so frustrating isn't it, I'm generally a happy person always bubbly or try to be through thick n thin, never mind tomorrow's another day. Take each day as it presents itself I'm beginning to learn now and don't try and push through it, and thankyou for your message wishing you well too x

• Posted

Hi Royalty,

I wish you are happy birthday, eventhough it doesn't feel so happy ? sad.

I am close to your age and often have to use a walker (which I loath); it is frutrating to go from an active person to suddenly home bound. It has been very hard for me too, as it is for just about everyone out here in Cyber Patients land.  

Do you have access to a bathtub? I like to take ebsome salt baths (not too hot) toss in a lavender bag, and drink a cup of my favorite tea.  If you haev soft music to listen to, it is even nicer.  A very nice treat for the birthday girl. 

There are suppliments I have been learning all about through this site, check out some of the other forums (muscle, celiacs, anxiety . . .) they all have lots of good advice that helps more then just their illness. 

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Yes it is hard to go from being active to this unfortunately I have transverse myelitis that I was diagnosed with at 42 yrs of age it took away ability to rush run etc I was in wheelchair an then walker then stick then how I am now this was 16 yrs ago I suppose you just don't expect more things to happen in the way of  not allowing you to get about yes I love baths or used to but they tire me out more than showers do I've had my family over tonight which was lovely so I'm relaxing on sofa now yes I do love my music always listening to my favs x

• Posted

Happy Birthday!  Yes, I would say it takes a whole lot of getting use to!  We have to learn to find joy in different things.
  • Posted

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Sofas can be great and you should enjoy all the attention you get....with appropriate naps or rest in between. I am 56 now and spent my 50th on the sofa - actually pretty much all my birthdays since 2007 when I first became ill ....but we have people who love us and it is good to know that they are around.  It takes a real grieving process to get past the life we had and embrace the life we have now.  I will never give up hope that optimum health will be mine again, but meanwhile, try to take joy where you can and take care of yourself.

Happy Birthday, 

Linda xx

• Posted

Happy Birthday!!! I know exactly how you feel. I've spend lots of birthdays unable to go out and do the things I've wanted. Just enjoy having a lazy day and being spoilt by your family and friends. You could maybe plan an outing for when you feel a bit better and look on it as a late birthday treat to look forward to. I'll be 50 next year but am not planning anything as I feel it puts too much pressure on me to be well enough to do something. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

• Posted

Yes this is what we decided on a good day I will go out but meanwhile take each day as it comes and just relax thankyou 
  • Posted

Happy birthday to you!

Hope you've had a good day. I agree with all the advice you've been given already and never give up hope.

I used to say to myself: every day in every way I am feeling better!

Liz

• Posted

Thankyou sue, I'm very appreciative of life's little things and don't take anything for granted in a way that I suppose I used to. And no that right I will never give up hope of this fatigue etc leaving me 

• Posted

Happy birthday your highness! I hope you got lots of treats and nice pressys to cheer you up about not going out, and that seeing family at intervals hasn't tired you out too much. razz

• Posted

hi georgia, totally whacked today and yes had lovely day seeing family thanks for message hope you are doing ok today 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.