Very Scared! :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

I've suffered from anxiety attacks for a couple of years now but have never wanted to go to the doctors or do anything about it for obvious reasons of being dismissed.

It's getting to a point now where I'm just completely scared and panicking about every little thing. There's constantly thoughts whizzing around my head making me unable to concentrate on anything. Anytime I try to leave the house I get intense feelings of fear and have difficulty breathing. This is leaving me very sad, unable to live my life. I have finally booked a doctors appointment but I'm very scared of what to do and say, help? sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't be scared Hun their there to help and will know you are suffering and work out a way to help you! Don't try and sugar coat it just tell them exactly how you feel and say you've tried to help yourself buy trying to get through it but it's getting to the point where you need to some help because it's getting no better!

Your doctor will know what's best for you and explain some possible options to you medication or CBT as you've already tried self help! Have you been online there's some great anxiety self help reads!

Just think as this will be the start of a new life you will get this sorted it may take a while but have faith your doing the right thing getting help smile I hope you feel better soon I know exactly how you feel right now! X

• Posted

I haven't been diagnosed the anxiety but I know that's what I have cause all the symptoms are there. I have dizziness everyday, fast heartbeat, sickness as well as other symptoms and this has been going on for over a year now. When you go to doctor just tell them exactly how you are feeling and all the symptoms you have. I hop you get some relief soon cause it is very frustrating to deal with.
    • Posted

:sigh:

Please think before you post, she's come here cause she's clearly scared of what will happen. Anxiety is the fear of the Unknown, so you tell her more horrible symptoms of what 'could' happen and potentially how long it could be without relief. It's not what she asked for.

As for Chelsea, anxiety is entirely manageable once you understand it, once you understand why yours is triggering, just read your original post out to your doctor cause you said exactly how you feel and if i have one piece of advice for you it would be - stop reading up about anxiety on websites like this. Get off webMD get off doctor Google get off this site. Cause you'll read things that are completely nothing to do with your anxiety problem and you'll start imagining 'what if mines like that.' Just listen to your GP. They know what they're doing.

Good luck Chelsea.

• Posted

I was trying to relate to her and how she feels cause I feel the same way and whether I say it or not she will read everything online and will get scared but will also get some relief cause a lot of people deal with this anxiety everyday. I was saying what my symptoms was so maybe she does or doesn't have the same symptoms as me so we can help each other.
    • Posted

This whole forum lacks a nurturing touch. Everyone just bounces back and forth of each other getting more and more wound up. Yes symptoms are horrible. Yes people have them. I have them. but when new people come here you need to stop shovelling fear into their faces. Sorry to pick on you specifically but that goes to everyone. The sooner everyone realises anxiety is a fear of something the sooner everyone will smart up and stop exacerbating their fears.
    • Posted

I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by what I said. I was just commenting and will be more careful with my words. Thanks. How long have you suffered with anxiety ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.