very scared and need some hope please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello again everyone

So sorry for another post so soon but I'm really struggling.

Had my GB removed just over 5 weeks ago due to gallstone pancreatitis. Been suffering constantly with terrible back and chest pain and the occasional dreaded "gallbladder attack" after food (even though my diet is non fat??)

Been back to hospital and to my GP this week and after repeatedblood tests, xrays and an ultrasound everything has come back normal. My pancreas levels are normal and no sign of stones in the bile duct etc.

The pain gets worse whenever I put weight on it to sit back or lay down, its dreadful to manage.

The pain relief and omeprazole I was given are not helping much if at all and I just don't know what to do next?

Is there anyone who had a similar experience and just got better with a bit more time? I was expecting soreness and aches after surgery but not original pain like this. Is it normal?

Very worried that this pain is not ever going to get better. Sorry for being so negative really could use some hope today.

Thanks to anyone kind enough to reply. I really appreciate you

Polly x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds to me like you are still suffering from pancreatitis. I would ask for a second opinion.
  • Posted

Hi, it took me nearly a year after removal of GB to be pain free, I thought I would have the op and the pain would go, but no it took ages.
    • Posted

Hi Lynne

Thanks so much for letting me know that, I really appreciate it.

Polly x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.