very sore throat

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi has anyone had a sore throat on venoflaxine, on 75mg  5 weeks in , started a week ago, been to doctors today see has given me gaviscon for a week ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I always thought gaviscon treated the symptoms of indigestion and heartburn. Has the doctor suggested these are causing your sore throat? I can't say I've had a sore throat or indigestion caused by venlafaxine, but perhaps I've been lucky. It certainly causes me to have a dry mouth, and I'm more thirsty than normal.
  • Posted

Hi Sue, I work in healthcare in a non-clinical role and have access to the BNF which contains information about drugs in the Uk and is a standard reference for doctors and pharmacists. Sore throat is not mentioned among the side effects in the BNF.  You might just have a viral infection, it's that time of year.  If your sore throat does not get any better go back to your GP.  I hope the venlafaxine is helping you.  I am on the same medication.

• Posted

ive had a sore ttroat since using this med also burning mouth and dry mouth awful....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.