Very unstable INR

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Warfrin for a number of years, but stopped, but after some nagging from my HIV consultant I have restated. But with interactions with my other medication my INR is all over the place. Today it is 5.9 - it should be between 2-3, target 2.5.

I have requested that I am placed onto tinzaparin, however the nurses are not listening to a word I say. On top of this I will be starting treatment for hepatitis C next month.

I am at the hospital more than I am at home.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's probably the other medication that is causing the swings in INR, which is obviously worrying - 5.9. is high. However, I have read that tinzaparin is not recommended for anyone with impaired liver function, which if you have hepatitis C you presumably have. As your HIV consultant nagged you into restarting Warfarin, maybe you need to revisit him/her and do a bit of nagging yourself to see if this can be sorted out.
    • Posted

My GP recommended it. Warfrin will interact with everything... Tinzaparin will cause less stress on liver. On 17/16 alternative days. Have to stop for two...

• Posted

Hi

How often are you tested are they using inr star pc program

certain meds don't like warfarin and it takes longer to regulate

foods drink etc alter warfarin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.