Very worried about ALP levels

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been reading articles on the Internet and watching YouTube about high levels of ALP and as far ad I can tell, they seem to be the indicator of very serious conditions. I said previously that my son who is 20 has a very high ALP level. He is otherwise fit and clean-living. He is having a scan tomorrow because he has had high levels since he first had a blood test in April. Obviously he probably had high levels before that but had never had blood tests before. He had his first blood tests for breathlessness, but he says that is a lot better now. I am worried sick about him though. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have any idea what it means?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Whilst it can point to serious issues it can also mean simple problems like gallstones. You really need the doctors to work it out as high ALP can be a pointer for so many different things. Don't think the worst because it's on the net. Hope it works out.

• Posted

Thank you. Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem and what the outcome was.
    • Posted

My son has just had an ultrasound on his liver and Thank God everything is fine. We need to go back to see the GP and he is also waiting for his latest blood test results. Is it possible that some people just have naturally high liver enzymes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.