Viral infection to the lungs and brain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

After my mistake (HIV scare) I have all these symptoms: heart wall pain, chest wall pain, radiating pain to the whole body, and headache, and cough and sputum.  I X-rayed 6 times in 6 months and doctors can not see what is wrong with me. Do I have a virus going inside my body? A viral infection? If I did sputum culture test and it keep failing, is there another test I can do to find out if I have infections?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If the doctors can find nothing physical wrong with you, a lot of those symptoms could be anxiety, perhaps related to the situation involving the HIV scare.

Could the cough & sputum be from smoking or exposure to some other airborne pollution or maybe you just have a cold?   I'm assuming you're in the northern hempisphere where it would be cold and flu season right now.

• Posted

I have asked many authorities about HIV.  But after a few months and finding out a lot of information about HIV.  I am very very very unlikely to have HIV.  So maybe I was scared before.  I am more concerend about other virus and infections along with unprotected sex.  I live with my dad who smokes outside and comes inside.  The doctor want me to do sputum test but my sample keeps getting contimated.  I am wondering is there any other test that would do the same thing.
    • Posted

"Asking many authorities" about HIV is rather pointless:  why not just have the test for that and any other possible STI's and be done with it?
    • Posted

Well tests were done at 3 months and 6 months. HIV, Syphillis, Hep C, Hep B, Claymdia, Gonneraha, all negative.  that is the reason why I am asking what is happening.
    • Posted

Then it seems you can stop stressing about STI's, doesn't it?   Unless you don't trust the tests?
    • Posted

Yeah the tests were done so no idea why the chest pain and headache and whole body radiating pain is going on for 5-6 months already...
    • Posted

Yeah, I am not so stressed about STI anymore.  I trust the tests, but some infections might be airborne or through fluids.  That are the ones I am more worried about now.  Or I do not see other reasons for my chest pain and headaches for months.  I do not have any of those symptoms before I made the mistake.
  • Posted

Hi swckv

The only thing I can suggest is to see if they will give you a MRI scan. This will show once and for all if there is anything wrong.

Kev  (UK)  biggrin

• Posted

Hi Kevin, I already have 6 to 8 xrays already with in 6 months.  That is a lot of x-rays.  I will try to ask my doctor what else he can suggest.
    • Posted

Wow...That many xrays in that period of time is rather extreme. It is expensive to the system and also unhealthy.

If you don't have a fever, then it would be safe to say you don't have an infection. Maybe your pain is related to muscle.

Lill

• Posted

Yeah it is extremly unhealthy.  I do not have a fever but I keep coughing and coughing and headache and headache.  Spitting out green sputum and sneezing out blood.  I trust my STI tests, but I am more worried about undected viral or bacterial infection due to either airborn or body fluids.  I see no reason coughing green stuff for months and having headache and whole body pain for months.
    • Posted

Hello

Catarrh can cause those symptoms.

It sounds to me the problem could be in your sinuses.

Why not take a sputum sample to the doctor to have it tested and then they can see what is growing in it?

Lill

• Posted

My sputum samples keeps saying the are contaminated. So, the doctor said do not do it anymore.  There must be other ways of doing test to get the same stuff.  I just do not know what it is.
    • Posted

Well then...if the sputum is 'contaminated' are they saying it is growing bacteria? Is that what you mean?

It must be, because it sounds as though you have had more than one sample tested, and to believe that more than one of them would have been 'contaminated' by outside sources is difficult to believe unless the lab they use is a real joke.

So have you been given antibiotics then?

Lill

• Posted

Yeah it is such a joke that the lab messed up many times. No, I have not been given antibiotics because nothing was found.  So I have no diea what is happening.
    • Posted

Then you need to have another sputem sample tested.

If your doctor refuses, then go to someone else.

Green sputum is not normal. It indicates infection. And that could be from your sinuses. Or your lungs.

Regardless, it needs to be addressed.

Lill

• Posted

Hi, I keep doing the sputum sample and the sample keeps saying it is contaminiated.  Is there another test that I can do that is fail safe that can dectect infections as well?
    • Posted

Hello

No not that I know of.

Ask to be able to give a sample with the nurse.

You must be contaminating the container when you give the sample.

The container they give you is sterile and the inside of the container and the inside of the lid, should not be touched by anything at all, nothing.

Ask to give a sample with the nurse present so she can watch you do it and coach you in how to use the container.

I do not believe the lab is what is causing the contamination.

You are contaminating the container yourself.

Lill

• Posted

The nurses in my area require me to do it in the morning at home. I am so frustrated. I done it many times and failed. Thereis no way I can do it in the lab according to the lab.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.