Virtual support please! Ulcers won't go away :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this but wondering if anyone's been in this position? After 20+ yrs OB free I have started to get really bad recurring obs. I have a new partner, first for a v long time and it seems he (or we!) trigger it every time we're together. Was diagnosed, treated on two occasions with aciclovir but second time round it didn't clear. Due to stressful work/ family commitments I couldn't get to docs so have been living with ulcers which won't go away for approx 6 wks. Going docs tomorrow but had anyone else had this problem? Really worried they just won't go away sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Try to use valacyclovir for suppressive treatment and you can use ointment (acyclovir or herpferon) for your skin, where appeared ulcers!
    • Posted

Thx. Been to docs today, they have prescribed a longer dose of aciclovir (5 x 5 days) plus they are referring me to gynaecology about the ulcers! Hope it's nothing extra to worry about. Can't take til uti medication is finished in a week so I'll have to put up with the pain a bit longer rolleyes 
  • Posted

Yep! I think, your doctor is right. The consultation of gynaecologist  - it is good idea. The gynecologist can offer fisical manipulation for you, if ulcers located in vaginasad
  • Posted

Not at all! Yes, i know. But in Russia and England there manipulation can be different. My last wife got a freeze by creon (low temperature)  manipulation via  gynecologist!

Good luck to you! 

• Posted

Hi Debs,

First of all you used the 'S' word - Stress!!!!!! That's the biggest problem of all.

The things that people on this forum say that they find helpful in dealing with herpes are:

L-Lysine - take 2000 mg a day to keep it at bay (you will have to work out what the dosage is for yourself as some people find 1000 mg a day works and others need 3000 mg per day). I take piles of mgs when I feel an outbreak coming and it normally keeps it to a minimum and all cleared up in about 4 days.

Eat lots of foods with lysine in them and avoid foods with Argnine (look up lists on the internet). Argnine helps the virus replicate.

Pineapple - people swear by a slice a day keeping the herpes at bay.

I also use Calendula cream (health shops) to heal the sores.

There is quite a bit of research being done on aromatherapy oils and other natural ingredients and one of them that comes up often is Lemon Balm.

You have to keep stress to a minimum. Your homework for the week is to find out exactly what is stressing you, why it is stressing you and then kill it dead! Find ways of relaxing - deep breathing, looking for things to be grateful for and concentrating on those etc.

Cut down on alcohol, late nights, caffeine - all those unhealthy things!

Please remember that none of us on this site is a doctor and so you have to make up your own mind as to what you will or won't try. What works for one may not work for you.

Good luck. It is possible to cut the outbreaks down but you've got to get rid of the stress.

• Posted

Thanks Tallulah. Yes I know it's related to stress sad Unfortunately I also know why I'm stressed and don't feel I can improve this - I am a new teacher finding it very hard, and a single mum. At the moment life feels really difficult for me  and even tho I have met a lovely man we are both very overworked and unable to see each other. Sorry about the depressing message but it's just to put you in the picture re the stress.

On the plus side I have ordered some lysine and bought pineapple to start eating every day. Now I'm worrying a but about possibly needing gynaecology treatment/surgery! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.