Vision problems?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank you all for taking the time to help with my earlier post. Did anyone else experienced vision problems at the beginning? My vision seems blurred and my eyes are overly sensitive. What were your experiences and how long do they last. Starting to feel a bit hopeless .Thank you again

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No one needs to feel hopeless here Walt.

Not everyone gets the same side effects or intensity as others do and that is because we are all uniquely different.  Your symptom is one I have not experienced, but I do hope, whether it is a side effect or not, you make an emergency appointment and get it checked out.  You should have regular appoitments with your GP ( Doctor) anyway to assess progress on Cita.

I would steer away from asking people there symptoms and this can lead you to over worrying and thinking about things that will not apply or affect you.  So, don't go there!  By all means post your questions no matter how silly they may seem, we've all done it believe me and we'll help you and this is why we are here.

Time is the healer, don't try to look for a quick fix, you are ill and you need time to allow Cita to repair and for you to recover.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you David, I know that you're probably right. I'm just trying to rationalize what's going on. That might not be helping either. All this is very frightening when you've never been through any of it before. I can keep pushing through I just wanted to know if this was part of the process

• Posted

Hi Walter...I totally agree with David...we are all unique and different!! I also agree that reading some people's posts can make your anxiety worse..as it did with me!! A lot of 'side effects' as people describe...was my symptoms 'before' I started on the medication...and I did have very blurred vision...along with brain fog and hallucinations!! My symptoms immediately left me on day 2 of meds...so as you see...everyone is different!! I found that reading people's post I was constantly thinking there was something wrong with me as I had none of these side effects...and kept thinking I was going to hit a brick wall and one day wake up and have them all!!! I'm nearly 4 months on and feel totally fine...and still none of my old symptoms back!! Bare with it huni...I think the blurred vision must be the chemicals balancing out...as my GP said mine must of been imbalanced for the meds to work Instantly!! I only come on here every now and then because I so sympathise with people...it's awful to feel like this!! But keep baring in mind...your on the positive side and you will feel better soon x

• Posted

That's incredibly compassionTe and caring of you. Sincerely thAnk you. I'm mostly just scared I won't ever feel like myself again

• Posted

I totally understand where you are coming from...as when I felt so ill...I thought exactly the same sweetie..I thought 'this is my life now and I just have to get on with it'...thank god I realised that my mind set wasn't right...and this wasn't me thinking these thoughts!! I still have scarey days...but no where near as bad as I was initially before I started on The citalopram!! Anxiety/stress/depression...these are illnesses...not through our fault...and the feelings... no one would ever understand unless you have been there and had to deal with it!! You will get there huni...you really will...and you will get to the point where you think 'ow...I haven't taken my tablet today':..and this is because it no longer takes over your life...and you are no longer constantly thinking about it! I have to set my alarm daily now in case I forget...now that's the best feeling ever...👍🏻 X

• Posted

My eyes are sometimes sensitised although in my case I wear variofocals and if I get a bit of muck on them these lenses are really bad.

You may find a Drug paper explaining all the side effects and if the drug has any thing you need to know.

If it is the drug, discuss with your GP.

If not make an appointment with your Optition and have your Eyes checked. We are supposed to get them checked every year or two years.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.