Vitamin C in vagina for BV - yellow/green discharge? Makes things worse?

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hi there. I've had BV for the past 5 years. It have NEVER gone away. It is always there, its fishy/amonia smell, yellow/green discharge, the smell... I really empathise with anyone else who has gone through this HELL.

I've tried everything to get rid of it: rephresh gel inserts, different type of probiotics (including the special probiotics especially for BV with reuteri), I drink kefir everyday, I've dried douching with hydrogene pyroxide solution which does help the smell but it comes back, I've tried inserting feminine probiotics into my vagina, but that makes things worse.

I don't drink alcohol. I don't eat wheat or grains or sugar.

I know for a fact it's not an STD (I'm a lesbian.)

Doctors have NO CLUE how to fix this. They just say to clean better and don't use soap down there and don't wear tight underwear. Like, yes, thank you very much I never would have thought of that! That was really worth waiting months for this appointment for that information! neutral

I use home testing strips and the PH of my vagina ranges between a 7 and 9 which is too high and is indicative of BV. A normal vagina PH is about a 4. So SOMETHING is off down there and I want my PH to get down to normal.

So I tried inserting Vitamin C tablets, plain tablets not chewable or sweet, into my vagina and it just makes things worse, it seems. I'm so depressed because of this and I was hopeful that Vitamin C would help change my vaginal PH back to normal to get the good bacteria growing again. It's just the opposite though with even stronger yellow and green itchy discharge after using the Vitamin C.

I'm using 500mg per tablet, uncoated, at night, sometimes even twice per day and yet the PH of my vagina still isn't changing. I've used the Vitamin C up there for the past 3 days.

Has this yellow discharge happened to anyone else after using Vitamin C in their vagina?

I read that people here saw results virtually overnight. Did anyone have to use the Vitamin C for longer than a few days before they saw results?

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lesbians get std honey who said they didn't you may need to be tested for trich 
    • Posted

Hi Tracy, thanks for much for your response.

I'm actually a virgin lesbian. Never had "sex" with anyone.

I have used a vibrator though. Do you think that could transmit the trich?

• Posted

Is she a virgin too? Does she use the same vibrator? I would just get tested because if your a virgin like you say you should've have a yellow/green discharge. Doesn't make sense. 
    • Posted

The vibrator was my own. I've never done anything sexual with anyone, male or female. I'm trying to get this BV to go away first...
  • Posted

Yes. Yellow/green discharge is indicative of trich.

Which is a parasitic infection. If you've been tested for that already and have been tested for stds also... then i recommend actigel or balance activ to try and correct the ph. You may also want to have your hormone levels checked. Bv can occur when they're out of wack. In one discussion a lady went on progesterone cream and the issue stopped.

• Posted

Hi bee. I looked up images of the trich on Google Images and it doesn't really look like my discharge at all... That is frothy and milky, but mine isn't like that. It seems more like BV to me, BUT I won't rule it out.

Also, I'm a virgin and have never had genital contact with anyone. Do you think it is likely or unlikely that this is the trich?

I'm in the process of having my hormone levels checked, but I need to wait another 2.5 months before I've been off the pill long enough to get them properly checked.

• Posted

Well STDs can be contacted orally as well. All BV is not an STD. Certain types of birth control also increases bv.... I liked the sea salt with a lil warm water. I've seen a lot about the vitamin c have not tried it yet but I've found you have to find your own remedy

• Posted

Drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every day. And keep trying other things. Most of us have to maintain, we never completely cure.
    • Posted

Sad but true. Maintaining is key but I kinda swear by the insertion of vitamin c 
    • Posted

Tracy, how long did you have to take Vitamin C before it brought your PH down to normal? Did you ever try douching with white vinegar?
    • Posted

Sorry, I meant, what do you use to try to keep BV away?
    • Posted

I did it for 2 nights, after the first insert the morning after there was no smell at all. I used a medicated douche the second night and been great every sense. I take vitamin c orally along with ultimate flora once a day now. My sex life is back active thank God 
    • Posted

I'm still in the process of figuring it out. The Vitamin C inserted helps but I don't like that it burns and makes me bleed. I take a probiotic every day. I don't worry about a specific type of probiotic. I have even inserted it. I drink a tbsp of apple cider vinegar every day. Sometimes I wash with a little vinegar and water. No douching. After a few days of inserting the vitamin C, I have also used tea tree oil a couple drops on a dampened tampon, inserted. Keep in for a couple hours. That seems to clean everything up since the vitamin C treatment creates a lot of discharge.
    • Posted

I would use a tampon to insert the vitamin c and the 2nd day I used it, it had blood and discharge . If you don't mind me asking what color was your discharge

• Posted

So the discharge is normal with the vitamin c pill. I'm currently in a now care because I tried it and the discharge quadrupled and I started spotting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.