Vitamin D deficiency

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been ill for over 12 months, with chronic pain, numbness, paralysis, loss of mobility, fatigue, bladder, bowel problems, Totall collapse falling to floor, shaking, tremors, head nodding, slurring, drooling, speech problems sleep problems

Had ct, Mri, evoked potentials, numerous blood tests, all clear , now it appears according to neurologist that this is all down to vit d deficiency? It's 12 have got 40000 iu to take once a week and been told to go to gp as he no longer needs to see me ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi yours sound like an exact match to my own.I had that dose of vit d for 10wks.I am now feeling so much better and life is almost normal again.My vit d is 101 now. I do still tire easily but compared to losing the use of my legs ,bladder etc.....Was your b12 and b9 checked too ?
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, it was all supposed to of been checked, apparently my iron was slightly low but neuro said the vit d was more important have to see gp for pain management review, (been on morphine, since November) so will ask again, had theses blood tests in Feb but only just been told something is wrong
  • Posted

I only realise now how vital vit D is. Normal in uk is 50+ so keep plugging away at gp
    • Posted

Must admit I didn't till I started reading up on it, it does seem to fit a lot of my symptoms, do you suffer with coldness? I am always freezing and feet get so cold they take hours to warm up?
    • Posted

Hello I was tested fit d at my request after a friend advised it. My level is 34 and have fulfilment d3 80gramsnper day. I have a range of symptoms like everyone else. I suppose I just wanted to join in for mutual support. I feel emotional reading the forum as I am realising how "poorly" I have felt. Pins and needles in face, arm, hands, pain all many joints, difficulty walking, poor circulation. I have just grown to expect it but would love to hear positive progress from others. My GP was quite dismissive - I feel li should go back and ask for discussion or is there any benefit in asking for a referral - but to whom? Thank you :-)
  • Posted

Sorry, my level is 24 not 34...
    • Posted

Hi, sorry you've been so ill, how you feeling now? Have you started on vit d supplement? I have only 2 doses yet to feel better but time will tell, have you been back to dr? I have been passed from pillar to post and now with gp, my level was 13.1 ( though was told 12) take 40000 huxd3 once a week smile
    • Posted

Hello thanks for your message. I have been taken supplement for two weeks and have 3 months as my target die reviewing how I feel. I am optimistic as I must have had low bit d for many years due to my vitiligo - hardly any melanin in skin to process vit d. I shall request a blood test before lowering the dose. Good luck - perhaps we can touch base in few months to see how we feel :-)
    • Posted

Hi glad your feeling better, approx 18 months ago I tumbled and broke 4/5 vertebra, when I eventually got our of hospital and visited my GP he did a bits blood test and I had no vit d he put me on a loading dose of 4 a day for a month then did another blood test of which I showed a little, since then I have to take 1 daily but am still in pain and get really tired and they say there are no symptom to a vitD deficiency
    • Posted

Yes I feel better in that I am doing something different I.e. Taking vitamin D and am hopeful I will feel the benefits soon. It's only been a couple of weeks since the diagnosis so early days. I am sorry to hear of your physical pain, I hope you're able to get support and advice.
    • Posted

Hi Joanna hope your feeling better soon I' m working on it.
    • Posted

Thank you, you too. I am new to using this forum so not sure how to work my way around it. All responses have been appreciated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.