vitilago ongoing treatment ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. i have vililago.  have had it diagnosed for 6years.i believe ive had it for way before then with itchy symptoms from my teen years. im 38 now.

i used uvb two year ago and the vitilago reduced by 90% from treated area.  it then came back last year but it was a small patch.  i then used the uvb light where its almost 99% gone from treated area.

i also have started going brizilian(shave all the hair except eyebrows and head) and that has helped with the itchines,  much easier and cheaper than the creams.  

since in theory. uvb does damage cells.  i was wondering if anyone knew if there is a preventative dose i should take. eg is once a week for 1min enough.  

i must admit i did also used the cream randomly. i feel it did something but i did not see the results. some cream my doctor had it formulated.  

i live in australia and its summer. i assumed that the sunlight be enough. but i read that the atmosphere blocks the uvb rays.  so im not sure if getting just sunlight is enough.  

if any one has any clues that could lead me to the answer im looking for it be great.  thanks.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just wondering whether you lost pigmentation in any bodily hair before treatment and if so, did you regain the lost pigmentation in the hair after treatment.
    • Posted

so far all the vitilago affected area that have recovered have not lost any pigmentation in the hair.  

its a shame i did not take any pics while the vitilago was bad.  

• Posted

Well, I don't blame you for not taking any pictures. It's just that a couple of hairs around my body have lost their pigmentation and I remember reading somewhere that if that happened the chance of regaining pigment was even smaller.

• Posted

I havev two questions for you, if you don't nind. What was the cream you used called and what was the UV-B light therapy like

• Posted

tacrolimus 0.05%   ointment

i bought my self 3 uvb light Narrowband UVB 311nm PL-S 9W/01 handheld divices that i used at home.  

you have to check with your doctor for dosages. the only reason i dont want to see my doctor is that i have to wait like 8months to see him and have to pay alot of money as well.  

i have vitilago on my hands and feet which i dont mind. it actually lets me know how lucky i am.  

it took me a while before i got results. first year it was on my face  i was in shock and did not do any treatment hoping it would go away.  i didnt think it would affect me that much but it did and i finally got the courage to seek treatment.  so far so good but im not sure why and how it happened.  

i suspect the face thing is due to either the wax or wax cleaning material. so now i dont use any chemicals on my face.  except shaving cream and perfume that is.  

on my face i always have had patches of where no hair grew.  it is possible it is vitilago.  im considering going back on a uvb treatment to see if it will help my no hair patches grow hair.  

uvb at home is dangerous so i had a electrition put a key switch so kids and brain dead people dont use it.  it can do alot of damage.  so be very carefull.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.