Vitiligo going away by itself?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello! So I have had vitiligo for about 15 years now and to be honest it never really bothered me due to the fact that it is pretty mild. I have it on my nipples and on my leg. However for the last 2 years I've been noticing that some brown spots forming on my nipples. At first I thought they were moles but after a while they started growing bigger and in adittion more brown spots appeared. So I am wondering if this is vitiligo going away. I don't know what color my nipples should be and tbh it's quite weird because the spots are dark brown and growing.thank you in advance

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,

Yes, it sounds like you are most defiantly regimenting.

I am also experiencing the same as you at the moment with help of UVB light Treatment, like your self I didn't even know that I had lost pigment there, until I started noticing brown spots. I am hoping that eventually it will all join soon, as it will look pretty weird haha.

Best of luck and keep doing what you doing as its working. 

• Posted

Hello Daisy and thank you very much for your reply!

It's good to hear that it's recovering.

I'm hoping for the same because it looks indeed weirder now that it has some random dark spots on it haha!

For how long have you been doing the UVB light treatment and how fast did you see results?

I am not doing any treatment and I reckoned that if it is going away by itself it will take longer.

I also read that cortisone creams can help with the pigmentation.

Do you know if it's safe to use it on the area of the nipples? Because I know that cortisone can contribute to the thinning of the skin and areas with vitiligo are more sensitive especially in the specific area.

• Posted

Hi John,

You’re very welcome.

I have been using UVB lamp since start of Jan. before the light treatment I had lost all pigmentation on my body now I have most of my normal skin back apart from hands, feet, small area on both hips and knees. So that's hardly anything to me compared to what I had.

I’m still regaining pigment all the time and the vitiligo patches I still have are regimenting as I have brown dots all through and gradually get bigger till they join. (Not the hands)

I went to see a doctor in Germany for Viltigo treatment with pseudocatalase. She provided me with the pseudcatlase cream and so far has worked wonders.

The cream only works when it is used with light weather it be sun light or uvb.

My mum also has vitiligo on her hands and after 35 years with vitiligo, last summer it started regimenting without any uvb. Sunlight is just as good.

Take a look at a few of the links below and see some information on the treatment.

Sometimes just having a good diet, vitamins and happy mind is the answer.

Had to post this again minus the links at this website wont be me put them in im afraid. but using the doctors name you should be able to do research. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company/website etc names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

If you allow me to join the discussion... I've been suffering from vitiligo for years and can, for the first time, say I'm pleased with results I've gotten from using UVB phototherapy. I've started by going to a place, but right now I'm using a machine at home, which is superbly convenient. Not wanting to advertise here, of course, but I'd gladly give out details as to where and how over private messages. The only thing I can say for certain is: it worked and I'm happy again. smile
    • Posted

Hey please let me know what worked for you... I Am so hopeless ..I tend To go online to find a cure,a reason anything and topical creams and balanced diet didn't do much for me , I can't go to the beach or wear normal clothes my vitiligo is mild I had a patch on my leg and it went on its own now i have two other patches on my other leg and they are getting some color back but now I have the hugest white spot on my elbow and I would love to try what you did because I have a very tan skin color and the white patch makes a huge difference... Some people stare like they are scared it's going to pass to them. I would love to hear what worked for you it's very important for me emotionally .- thank you in advance .
  • Posted

Hey guys, have had vitiligo for about 10 yrs now. Pretty slow progression, but would like to try repigmenting. just started going to a derm, but they seem rather daft. Started me on uva with no medication, which I heard is useless. So will ask to switch to uvb, treatment sounds promising. I'm also wanting to buy a nuvb machine as it will be way more convenient. Any suggestions? Pm me the deets. And also, what is your treatment regime? I read 2-3 x per wk. how long? They also talk about increasing doses. What does this mean? When you have a home machine isn't it just one light with one dose?
  • Posted

Hi there, I recently say about 2 weeks back I found a white spot on my thumb and got it confirmed that it is vitiligo I really hoping it will go away . I do want to know if any medicines will help it go away .and John am happy for you that your spots are fading .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.