Vitiligo now brown spots?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I have had vitiligo since I was five. Spots everywhere. A few years ago my whole body turned completely white. In which I was so happy I had an even skin tone. Very fair but not spotty. Finally I wasn't embarrassed about my body. I started doing B12 shots a few months ago and now I am getting brown spots all over. Dermatologist said I'm repigmenting. I'm so unhappy about this. She said I'll never be one color again. Dont know if going thru menopause caused . has anyone ever had this happen to them?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi MaryAnn. I am a 28 year old female. Have had vitiligo since i was 16. It has been spreading a lot lately. Face, neck, chest, shoulders, back and now groin and legs. A couple of months ago I had to wear a heart monitor for awhile and just last week I noticed some brown "spots" appearing. Mostly in a square shape. I made a doctor's appt to get it checked out and he thinks my body had some reaction to the glue from the leads of heart monitor. He said it's new pigmentation. He hasn't ever heard of this. Also said he didn't know how long it would stay but it's definitely new pigmentation. I know how you feel. I cannot WAIT for it to cover my whole body. The stares don't bother me too much but it does sound nice to be all one color. I don't ever see this happening sad

• Posted

Hi Sarah. Thanks for replying back to me. I guess this can happen repigmenting. I'm going to my reg doctor this week to get her opinion. Dermatologist have said it is rare to have completely turn white. Bleaching cream is not doing much for the brown spots. Just wondering what new treatments may be out there. What sunscreen do you use Sarah?

• Posted

I don't think it's rare. My whole body is turning white. I was told to wear 100 spf and reapply every hour. I try to stay out of the sun though, when I have a fever or I am warm, my white "spots" turn very red. Just this week they have spread down my legs and my groin area. We have tried creams, soaps, pills.. Nothing has ever worked. I will say though, I was using the tanning bed for awhile (I know I know) but when I did, my spots went away... They always come back when I stop tanning. I have heard UV rays help. I wish they knew more about this autoimmune disease. Would love to have an answer as to what the root of the problem is. Just have accepted this is who I am.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

hi dear . I am facing same difficulty as you. doctor gave me bleaching cream which is not working and a cream to stop the spot to grow but no use. that's sort of worrying me too.

• Posted

Hi Maryann3101

I came to this whilst researching the same nightmare happening to me. I have vitiligo since 13 no answer from doctors as to why sad and cleared at 35smile hooray I was normal.  Now at 51 had to have b12 shots I too am getting brown spots on face the nightmare has begun all over againsad   doctors don't have any answer eithersad .

How is your skin now.

• Posted

Hello, I had spots on 30% of my body. I cured it with VITILEMNA pills. Took me 6 month to regenerate the skin. This actually helps a lot. It’s pretty old and very effective prevention. 

Best wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.