Vivid dreams

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else have more vivid dreams when starting this medication and if you did do they go away over time? I'm also on 15 mg of Mirtazapine for sleep so that probably adds to the problem, any input would be appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, im on 10mg about week 10 , I am still having vivid dreams but they have lessened slightly since i started it.
    • Posted

Thanks Louise I'm hoping that mine start to alleviate also but I'm only on day 5 at 2.5 mg which I'm sure will be upped so I may have a long way to go unfortunately..

• Posted

You'll get there rob. I started out on one drop of liquid which is equivalent to 1mg, and then increased by 1 mg every third day. I woke up twice last night dripping with sweat after vivid dreams.

• Posted

Yes, extremely vivid dreams! I have been on 10 mg for the last two weeks and virtually every night I have had several very detailed, vivid dreams.

?Are you still having vivid dreams?

• Posted

Hi Rob.

I have been on Mirtz (7,5mg) and Lexapro (10mg) for more than 1 year. I remember very well the period of more than 2 monthes when I had these very detailed vivid dreams. After that it mitigated significantly during the time. Since the January this year I am weaning off Lexapro (currently at approximately 2,4mg). By today, randomly, I get them again. Plus some other withdrawals of course (cold/ill feeling, tiredness, ...) but since I am weaning very slowly they are bearable with no significant issues. And by the way, the most of those very detailed dreams are nice, even pleasant :-) ... no nightmares at all, thanks god.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.