Vomiting... IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently been diagnosed with IBS- but been experiencing vomiting amongst my other usual symptoms... slightly concerned

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you pu led up a big? A lot about this time of year.

I just had one that lasted 11 days, feeling nauseous, diarrhoea etc

• Posted

It has happened to me before. I often get IBS flare ups but have experienced vomiting with it about 3 times now. Happened this morning, felt like I had lots of trapped wind and needed the toilet however I didn't but was just sick several times?

• Posted

I used to vomit regularly, at least once a week. Doc said I a man an anxious person and I needed to find a way to relax. I did and I am better though not cured.
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty

Another horrinle par of IBS (me included) is vomiting.  I found Gravol of no use whatsoever, and my doctor prescribed a drug called Teva-Ondansetron. 1/2 pill works for the day - Unfortunately, it's expensive, but worth the money for its benefits -

hope this helps --

• Posted

Ask your GP?
    • Posted

In my experience GP will say check your diet first. If it persists as it did for me you will probably see the GP again and they may send you for a colonoscopy or endoscopy or in my case both. After this I saw a consultant who told me the tests were all clear and the problem was my lifestyle. I was rather sedentary which I changed but they also said part of the problem was anxiety which is just part of my personality so I try and manage this. I take more holiday days, unpaid, and this helps if I start to feel stressed. I could not work for a year so with this job I have been open and upfront and they are flexible with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.