Vomitting blood,blood in stool nauseated,but normal endoscopy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Doesnt make sense. Just sending back to original doctor. Anyone else? If so what was the caus?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If the doctor cannot tell you why you have blood in your GI track I would suggest getting another doctor on the case.  The type of endoscopy used by my doctor to diagnose such a problem, an oesophagogastroduodenoscopy, one that give visability to the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum, should have pinpointed where the blood is coming from.  You have signs that something is wrong with your upper GI system and it needs proper diagnosis and treatment.

Good luck and I hope you can get a proper diagnosis soon.

• Posted

My son had the type of endoscopy today that you had. He had all the above symptoms. They found nothing,said all normal,even two biopsys. I dont know how they didnt find anything with those symptoms.
    • Posted

In these cases a capsule endoscopy may be needed if they think the bleeding is in the smalll intestine.  Even the best upper GI endoscopy doesn't go far into the small intestine.
    • Posted

They are sending him back to his general practicioner. Thank you will keep what you said in mind.
  • Posted

Hi blood in stool could be diverticular and so could the nausea.  I was diagnosed 18 months ago following blood in stool.  I do not vomit but do have GERD as well so have pain all over stomach area and chest.   Look up diverticular and check the symptoms.  With diverticular food gets stuck in the pockets and you usually have piles which bleed.  If the blood is bright red it is usually internal piles and closer to your bottom, darker blood is older and comes from further up. That is what my GP told me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.