Vulval sores - Thrush?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wondered if anyone could be of help.

In the past few days my vulva came sore and itchy due. I put this down as being due to wearing pads with tight fitting pants on a really hot day. These developed into sores that constantly itch and are painful, especially when urinating.

I visited my GP who initially thought I had herpes, but upon examination said they are most likely friction burns or symptoms of thrush, despite having no discharge.

The doctor prescribed me Clotrimazole and this is slightly decreasing the itchiness. I have had a new sore develop directly on the opening to my vagina, however I never looked prior to my appointment so this may not be new at all! I'm worried this may be something other than thrush. However, I did have a gaeynocology appointment last week prior to the development of the sores and he said all was well. I just hear so many horror stories!

So, my questions are does anyone know how long this is going to take to heal? At work I wear tight fitting clothing and the sores have begun to bleed and excrete a brown like blood substance. Is this part of the healing process? And is it likely to be anything more serious, given the sore on my vaginally opening (may not be new).

Many thanks!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

No one ever replied but they healed eventually on their own. I wore no clothing below the waist at night to allow my skin to breathe and showered with warm water and a soap substitute. They were basically friction burns and sweat spots.
  • Posted

I had a triple swab test and no I don't have any pictures. The doctor didn't think there was anything wrong even from just lpoking at the spots and rashes!

• Posted

Mine is a red pimple thing. Nothing in it. Like a firm pimple. Doesn't hurt. Been there for weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.