Vulvar itching for about a year, is it herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

okay so i got tested in august of 2016 and was diagnosed w gonorhea and chlamydia. i tested negative for everything else. i thought that the stds were the source of my itching but once i took my medication and got retested to see if everything was gone i was STILL itching. it seems as if ever since i became sexually active at the beginning of 2016 the itching began. it's mainly at night and sometimes it's really bad and sometimes it's completely gone. sometimes it burns and feels so raw and swollen. and when i'm on my period it never itches. it's mainly on my vulva but sometimes it's all over my whole vagina, rarely tho. i've only been with one person sexually until november of 2016 when i had sex w someone else. everywhere i've been reading says herpes rarely shows symptoms and i recently went and got tested again and came negative for everything including yeast infection and bv. howveee i didn't get blood tested so idk if it's herpes now. i haven't had any sores show up or anything but once again i read herpes rarely shows symptoms. i just don't know what it could be if it's not any std yeast infection or bv. please help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Go get tested for herps you could have a skin condition you need to see a doctor
  • Posted

Hi Lily.  Does emollient help?  If you put something like olive oil on and it gives relief you could have a skin condition.  Try dabbing a little olive oil there and see if it relieves the itch at all.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.