Vulvar pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experience vulvar pain after cystocele repair. I am 10 weeks out and having a strange sensation. Always worse with sitting. Will this go away

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm interested in any answers to this question too. After googling I've come to the conclusion it's something to do with the pinning back they do whilst operating

• Posted

Hi vball,

Was uncomfortable in that area right from the start. Had A&P repair, couldn't sit for any length of time and at 7 months post op find that after 5 hour shift at work in a chair with little support have to get up once an hour for 10/15 mins and still uncomfortable after my shift.

Too scared to attempt cycling as yet. I drink lots of water and occasionally lots of cranberry to prevent any irritation evolving into an infection.

Think it can all be due to the op, and I suppose that when you look at how they do these ops it's not suprising we are left so sensitive and uncomfortable.

If you are still worried you could contact your GP to get it checked out as I think in very rare cases can be to do with damaged nerves.

Anyway I had a very nippy uncomfortable bit at the back end that was the end if a stitch jagging me, though it was never going to go but did eventually.

It takes a while to recover,

Take care , Phyl x

• Posted

I had my operation 9 days ago and didn't really have much pain apart from a bit of cramps. Just the last few days I have been suffering with like a burning stingy pain when sat down. Wasn't sure if I had maybe got an infection or if it was normal. How was everyone else after their op? How long did it take before you got back to normal activities? X

• Posted

I am 10 weeks out. I am having the strange sensation as well. Just started a week ago. Better with standing and laying down. I actually just picked up a and d cream otc which is helping tremendously right now. Not sure if coincidence or not. I have not started exercising yet. Still scared to chase my kids.
    • Posted

Hi, what's a and d cream please? Are you in the US or UK, I know we have different names for medecines.

• Posted

Yes, it's awful, really hot and burning, feels like I'm swollen down there, but it looks normal, it does get worse while sitting, and in my case it goes right underneath to the back as well.

The tingling and burning is worse after having a bm, and stays for hours.

I think it is nerve damage due to the positioning during surgery.

Six months on, and no sign of it going, I'm at a loss, and if anyone has had treatment for this, I would be grateful to know about it.

• Posted

Has anyone ever gotten rid of their vulvar pain?

• Posted

Only get it now at work when sitting too long at checkout! We have 6 checkouts , one of the chairs is too low as it's an office chair, two of the chairs have no wheels so got to try position them as best you can then have to overstretch and difficult to get close enough so end up with no real back support. The other three are proper chairs with adjustable backs and height with wheels to manoeuvre around, but one has a broken back, so consider myself lucky if I get a checkout with one of the two good chairs.

When stuck with a bad chair with no back support and no manoeuvrability all the pressure lands on the pelvic floor. I can choose to stand at checkout but not for too long.

Once I've recovered after a couple of days off I am far more comfortable but only because at home I have control over how much time I am on my feet and have far better chairs with good support.

Anyway it should all settle down in time and gradually the discomfort should lessen!

• Posted

I hope so Phyl, it's a hell of a long journey.

Sounds like you're playing musical chairs, glad I work from home.

• Posted

Has anyone been able to treat. How can you tell the difference between nerve pain bs skin color dition. Right under the clitoris looks a little r3d and is sensitive. IA m now not having any pain with standing. Still uncomfortable with sitting. My urogyn thinks I should get the Mirena and see if that helps with this and occasional feelings of requests prolapse. My normal gyn gave me estrogen cream to use a few times a week as he can feel the sutur3 line from my surgery and is wondering if that is what is causing pain. I habe no pain in the mornings for about an hr. A and d can also be used on babies for diaper rash. I am.in the us

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.