Waiting for spring, high blood pressure when I didn't get my meds for a week. Symptoms started then.

Posted , 1 user is following.

It was a snafu by my pharmacy.

I began feeling terrible. At 81 I am told I look mighty fine and a great deal younger, but I feel empy and hollow and spaced out.  Mentaly I am very sharp, think clearer than most, quicker witted, and though I have nerve damage from a badly messed up spine I move well in spite of all sorts of pain issues related to the spine issues. Neck also injured years ago. Fingers go numb.

It could be anxiety from many causes. Seasonal affective disorder, blood pressure and many issues too numerous to relate. Glaucoma and high eye pressure could also factor in, though I am on Lumigen (horribly expensive).

I ate my breakfast, drank some coffee and ginger tea and slowly, as I write this,  the horror of emptiness and dreadful hollow sensation is receeding. So possibly, it is anxiety and my blood pressure which is high even on meds.

While I usually do not get headaches, it also seemed to touch me in my brain, though I am fully cognisent and no short or long term memory issues.

I am a writer, so this actually interests me since I can use it for my character heroine.

But it is most unpleasant while it last.

High blood pressure spiking? neck and spine issues? Axiety over all sorts of problems common to the aging?

I have an interesting life even now.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I take thyroid for a missing thyroid, I do go to the YMCA for some water exercise, sitting tai chi, bycle work and do walk.

Should see a primary doctor but.... they aren't like the ones I went to in another state who I could talk too and completly feel in good hands. I  have to figure it out on my own until I find a doctor I feel faith in.

• Posted

Having breakfast (low blood sugar) and writing out and alknowledging my situation has helped.

I think writing in this blog is better than writing it long hand in a journal. I find I can think more clearly on a computer than in a hand written journal.

Odd.

I live in a senior community and hate it, but while its bad points outway its good points it is a education in watchng the aged wither and decline. They are supposed to be active adults, but many are on their last legs and I watch them decline and die like flies.

In many ways my issues may arise from the aggravations of this situation, but in some ways there are compensations in living among many people with health issues even worse than my own. One learns from other aged peoples struggles and mistakes, even as one make serious mistakes on ones own.

We all journey down that road.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.