Waiting on my doc to get info from a nureorlogist what should i do in the meantime?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to my doc last week becauae my whole right side atarted tingling, ten pins and needles and now its feels completey tight and heavy.

My balance is not good and ive got blurry vision. She wanted to contact the neurologist for some advice. This past 2days my right hand seems to cramp up alot and my wrist feels like its being tightened and it keeps shooting nerve pain up my arm. Ita so uncomfortable. Does neone know if i can take nething to help this r just to make it bearable to continue doing my daily tasks?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could ask your go about a possible prescription for a muscle relaxant, like baclofen. However, it would be a good idea if you could try to find some kind of relaxation exercises to help relieve some of your symptoms, I realise that it might sound impossible, under your present circumstances, but it really cab go some way to help. Another useful tool against muscle spasms, is GENTLE stretching. It's surprising how it can help. Also, keep warm, cold weather is no friend to muscle spasm.
  • Posted

Thank u ill ask my gp for a perscription. Yeah the cold weather seems to make it worse. Thanks
  • Posted

Check your diet as well as doing the things Wendy said, asulfame aspartame phenylalamine sweeteners can cause ms symptoms and aggravate MS. You are probably very scared and we (ms patients on here) understand that, it's not a pleasant illness but its not a death sentence and you can do a lot to help yourself. I hope you get your answers soon but you'll probably have to have a few neuro tests, unless you already have a diagnosis then excuse me. Stress is bad so try and avoid it, be kind to yourself and pace yourself. Good luck and kindest regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.