Waiting patiently for a date for my second anterior repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello ladies,

Its been a long time since my last post. As some of you are aware my anterior repair failed after a couple of weeks back in April time last year. Its been the mist emotional time for me for many years as I just couldn't get my head around why it had not held

up. As some of you may know I did absolutely nothing for 6 weeks so who knows why. Anyway after seeing my new consultants nurse who works alongside him in surgery told me he is one ojojf the best in the country and very well respected in urogynacology. He told me he doesn't do just a generic repair he assesses what he has in front of him asnd works with that. I feel so much better now after such disapoo with the other consultant.

Anyway ladiez I'm just looking fgor some assurance really,as I know what's ahead of me. Take care everyone who is recovering, and tasks it easy. Lots of healing hugs to all. Xx

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck, hope all goes well this time.xx
    • Posted

Good luck sounds like you have a great consultant this time. I had my operatiòn about the same time as you last year and am still having problems too who is your new consultant if you don't mind me asking x

• Posted

I too am wondering who this consultant is.  Had anterior and bladder repair 2 years ago, still much the same tho', and have rectocele! Help!! I am in Mid Glam.

• Posted

Pm me love and I'll give yuou his name. You won't be disappointed love.I'm so grateful I've found hi x

• Posted

Hi Welsh girl,

I am sure it's all going to be great this time, glad to hear you have got one of the best urogynacologists in the country, so you will be in the best hands possible this time.

Hopefully you won't need to wait too long now.

Lots of hugs,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi phyl,

Thankyou you. I hope you are OK. I'm still trawling the indeed site for a sit down job but who will train me up as a receptionist at age 49😖. My consultant recommended a sit doiwn job over a shop assistant as I'm on my feet for 6hours but its hard yo find something. Oh well I'll just put it out there and carry on.love yo yuou phylxx

• Posted

Not easy trying to change type of employment; I left school and worked in surveyors office for the summer as an office junior, then pre-nursing course for a year, then clerical assistant with telecommunications board (using early VDU with keyboards inputting data) where I stayed until after I was married and had kids. First born was a nightmare, only slept a few hours in any 24, in the end gad hernia op and needed bowel surgery to widen narrow bowel.

Hubby couldn't cope at all with him do I had to give my job up. Returned to work eventually and had to take evening work cleaning theatres, then night shifts in a care home. Went Back to college part-time (Did some computer courses, got bookeeping certificates, and re-sat Higher English), while working part-time -various jobs working as dental assistant, sales assistant in jewellers, finally stayed with dry cleaners longer term while at university got my social science degree with honours in politics and economics.

Intended to do nursing again but wanted to do midwifery but couldn't get into local Glasgow uni... was offered trainin in different area of nursing in Stirling but hubby wouldn't move house, I don't drive and still had a dependent at home.

Anyhow my mother was diagnosed with cancer by then and I left dry cleaners no-one available to do school run. Did an Avon round for 4 years made enough to cover my loss of wages and pay my NI contributions.

Spent all these years trying to get back into office work, I even got a distinction in my bookkeeping (did Manuel and computerised using accounts packages), but still got no-where.

One of my daughters who struggled through school only got a foundation in maths, basic English and no accounts. Left school did hairdressing training, is now working for Arnold Clark motors in the accounts department in hire drive and chasing big money that companies and working on the accounts. Despite being hardly able to count!

Having said that I lovey job where I get to talk and interact with lots of different and very lovely people. I I know that I would hate being stuck in a stuffy office, when I was doing my Avon round I did volunteering in the office at our Marie currie centre for a few hours every week for 2 years and I loved that.

Don't know why it's so difficult to get back in to office based work once you exit that sector.

Good luck with your search, hope you are more successful than I've been.

Phyl x

• Posted

Hi phyl

You have a lot more exams etc sdo I'm not so sure lol.I only have my 7gcse exams and RSA typing but I haven't done that since school.I am a qualified hairdresser but that won't be any good either as your on feet asll day.may be I'll try getting into asda or something like that.like you I'm very chatty and outgoing so I'd love that.you right love,a stuffy office with all those germs sounds grim lolill have to just keep going.I'm taking vagifem too,how do you feel? I'm takingnit to improve tissues before the repair. can't believe I'm on this journey but I must keep trekking on to get to the top. I'm 100% confidant in him but I must not let that devil on my shoulder change my mind set.love to you phylxx

• Posted

You have more exams than me phyl so I. Not sure lol. Got the GCSEs and hairdressing apprentice ship which I did for 5years but thats no good ad I'm on feet. How do theses ladies manage with careers where they are very active is police,firefighter, midwifes,nurses etc,it would be very awkward to change jobs like that. It really does change your life doesn't it.

I know matron was a nurse wasn't she? Matron if you are reading this how did you manage, were oh retired? Hoiw ate you any way matron😘 take care phylx

• Posted

It should make a big difference being on vagiem; it should thicken the walls and therefore your repair will have an even better chance of being successful.

I'm doing OK at moment, taking estriol twice a week after 3rd day I can feel myself getting a bit uncomfortable so not looking forward to coming off for a month.

Glad the heavy Xmas period by now, should be quieter and not do heavy.

I never took typing so never got my speed up on keyboard although I did improve in telecom board and at uni... as I was using keyboard regularly. If you could get your speed up you could try registering with employment company for data input job.

Your in good hands this time, and spring will be here soon, invest in a really good comfy lounger with good support, and surround yourself with beautiful plants.

You should do an Avon round and get help from kids/hubby to deliver/pick up brochures and deliver orders/collect payments while you do all the administration checking and inputting orders, organising order forms and brochures to go back out and sorting orders for delivery. It would give you something to do once you can sit for a little while during later weeks of recovery.

Phyl x

• Posted

You couldn't live of the earnings in the longterm unless your really good at sales and can drive and expand your territory. You can however move up and becomr a team leader and register new reps and therfore you get a percentage of their sales too. My daughter done really well out if it.

It took me ages to build up good round and if peaked around 2 year mark then sales started to fall when boots the chemist opened up nearby. At its peak I was making about 2 days wages after expenditure, hubby quite liked it as I was at home more and doing most of the cooking/housework. He was doing really well himself so didn't really matter how much I made and we had paid off our house by then.

The girl who signed me up stayed on a farm on the lake district and she was making a fortune she had signed up lots of reps who were longterm with the company and she had a sizable round herself both her and her husband were doing Avon. So I suppose you get out what you put in.

It suited me at the time but it wasn't enough to finance my love of oversea holidays.

Phyl x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.