waiting time for lp

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,ive just recently had an mri with a few lesions. My nureo wants me to get a lp because she says shes 90% sure ive ms but the lp will be the last piece of the jigsaw. Im just wondering how long u have to wait for lp?

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I shouldn't think it will be long but I had the lumbar puncture from he'll worst experience and still in pain head and neck 9 months still no firm diagnosis
  • Posted

I would refuse it if I ever had to have another the pain after in my head made me violently sick and and neck was excruciating pain too it's just been never ending
    • Posted

Thanks for geting back to me, i have heard people saying it leaves a very bad headache, ru still waitin for a diagnoses? I wás hopin if i got the lp i would beable to get something to make me feel better. Didnt realise i might have to wait longer.
    • Posted

Hiya tessy yes I'm still waiting lumbar puncture was inconclusive just had a heart scan has I've been having stroke symptoms since last year
    • Posted

im sorry to hear that. Hopefully u hear back soon. Im just hoping to get some results back to maybe recieve some treatment soon.
  • Posted

Hi Tess

From the date the neurologist discussed it with me to the date of the actual LP was about 3 weeks. I had a busy schedule at work thus the 3 week wait. If it wasnt for that he would have done the LP withing 3 days.

• Posted

Hi Amanda, thanks for the reply. Its been a week now but prob because of the holidays it'll take a wee bit longer. How was ur lp? Im getin mine done for possible ms. Am hoping it wont be too long. Am pretty sore and completely exhausted all the time. Im just hoping for some relief. Am just take ibrufen at the min. X
  • Posted

i am also tired all the time and have pain. my vision  is also affected. the neurologist informed me that he believes that i have "mild" ms if there is something like that. My LP was ok but I went through hell for 3-4 days after the LP because it leaked. I had to go for a blood patch to seal the hole. Till today I still experience nausea and headaches from the day of the LP. The neurologist cant explain it.
    • Posted

Ah tat sounds awful. Yeah the fatique is the worst. I went out on sunday and spent yesterday literally on the sofa all day. Had no energy at all. Todays not too bad but am tryin to rest have to go to work tis evenin and have 2 wee tots their sleepin at the min. Lol do u experiece cramping? I get awful cramps in my feet and hands. The nuero is also sendin me to a opthamolgist for my eyes. They quite blurry at the min but i had double vision 4 yrs ago. Sorry for all the questions, lol its just nice to beable to talk with someone who understands the symptons. X
    • Posted

I've got the blurry vision and the cramp lumbar puncture was ok ive still got pain in my head and neck 9 months on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.