Walking and Anal Fissure

Posted , 7 users are following.

I hurt when I walk because of my anal fissure, so it's why I used my vacation hours for one week. 

Last week was that week, and I get back to work very soon this week (to be specific this Wednesday). I don't hurt that much the past week but it's possible because I wasn't walking that much.

My job involves me walking a lot. I only sit down 15 minutes if it's a 4 hour day, 30 minutes if it's a 6 hour day. To fill out the time gap I stand and walk, but I walk more then standing. I remember it being really painful and my doctor is cruel enough not to give me a doctor's note. It's what led me to use my vacation hours for one week.

Do you think it's possible an anal fissure can get worse from walking too much?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This is interesting as I've been a sufferer for many years and found walking gave me relief ! ... I'm 3 weeks post Botox surgery ... So far so good I'm cautiously optimistic it's gone !!! Get the Botox don't suffer for 6 years like me!! .. Good luck
  • Posted

I don't know,everything I try only gives me temporary relief, I ride a lot for my job and for me sitting is worse than walking, I can't seem to get my Dr to understand how much pain I am in either,its like most of them don't care at all,just hang in there it can't last forever, at least that's what I keep telling myself. Prunes and coconut oil seems to help more than anything else. Good luck
    • Posted

Mick,

Many doctors don't grasp the debilitating-long lasting-debilitating pain. Go to a colorectal surgeon, it's been my experience that they have a better understanding.

I treated with an internest, then a general surgeon, and finally the colorectal surgeon.

As you know, it is a slow painful process, but it does heal if you eat right, use heat pads, and squat when you go potty.

I did a lot of walking at first, then for a couple of weeks had to limit my walking because of the pain, then I could walk again. It's crazy how much one has to adjust ones life and habits to coexist with a fissure.

• Posted

The reusable heating pads. You can get them at CVS, Walgreen or rite aid Amazon.

Sunbeam

Health smart

Health smart

• Edited

Hi, ive had a chronic anal fissure for 19 looong months.. Ive noticed when i walk or stand for too long (sometime 15-20m is even too long) i get that excruciating burn.. Ive spent 75% of my life since this started, laying on my right side on the couch as direct pressure hurts too much. I believe that while standing, theres more pressure put on the anal muscle from having to counteract gravity so yes it can totally make it worse especially if youre standing that much. Id ask for a refferal to a colo rectal Dr so you can get proper documentation for work and hopefully they can shift your duties or something. Your Dr has no right to deny you a letter of proof for medical reasons so id suggest talking to maybe another Dr in his office or your insurance maybe? Be honest with your condition to your bosses so they understand your in alot of pain vs slackinh at job or not being fully in it mentally. Fissures are the spawn of the devil and have completely consumed my life with not being able to anything without pain. Hope you heal soon!!
  • Posted

I think it is all about balance. You should walk when you have an anal fissure, but you should also sit and let it rest. I think I heard someone tell me once that the blood flow that goes through the fissure when you walk helps heal it...Not so for sure if tht is true or not...

Good Luck!

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.