Want to break!

Posted , 3 users are following.

My anxiety and panic has been on a whole new level the last month. I have been sick with chronic sinusitis for 6 months. Had surgery 3 weeks ago and I'm still sick! Went to the doctor and now I have to go in for my (5!) CT scan and, possible another surgery. I've had terrible derealization and dream like states. Work is becoming so hard to go too. I've had a stabbing headache for 6 months and I just want to give up.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Why are you possibly needing another surgery? I can see why you're so exhausted with this, just reading your short paragraph made me tired! Isn't there a way to get disability or something so you can just take care of yourself and not have to work for a while?

• Posted

Not sure how I would even go about trying to get disability. The other surgery is to shave down my deviated septum they are thinking that might be the problem now. that's why I need to go in for the CT scan to see if the balloon sinuplasty did what it was suppose too. If I could get disability it would help a lot. I work on my feet so half way through a shift I get very tired and out of it. That's when the dream like symptoms come.

• Posted

Ok go online to Google and type in your state and disability.. Once you find the website it'll tell you exactly what you need, where to apply, etc.. You would need a note from your doctor, but if it really is procedure after procedure along with constant headaches and anxiety, you shouldn't have an issue. A friend of mine is on disability solely for anxiety and depression. Yours sounds much more severe than hers.. Its Atleast worth a try!

• Posted

Sorry you are going through such a horrid time, no-one likes having tests and Operations especially at this time of year.

Sad to say we just have to knuckle in an hope everything will sort out soon.

I was supposed to go in for an operation just before Christmas and it was pushed back until Feb, I cannot work out if it is a blessing or a curse that it was pushed back.

Let us know how you get on

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.