Warm feeling in stomach/gut a year after GB removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone who had their GB removed experience sometimes a warm sensation in the upper/lower area of the stomach/ gut?

I've had my GB removed precisely a year ago and had many different symptoms all along, fortunately many have settled down but still get some time to time. At the moment I feel bit frightened by this warm feeling around my stomach/gut area. Always scared I'm going to develop something worse like ulcers or  bile gastritis. 

Why some people never seem to be back to normal  after GB is gone? Am I always going to have a burning feeling and then something worse because there's no bile storage anymore?.

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leni, unfortunately there are a lot of us still suffering from different things after the removal of the gall bladder. I had mine removed nearly four years ago and I suffer from Bile Acid Malorpbsation I have to take two bile binders a day and lots of imodium to stop the dreaded D! I can't give you any hope of getting better because I just dont know I have seen numerous Consultants and nobody can give me any answers. I hope you feel better soon though xxxx

• Posted

Hi Sandynan I'm so sorry you're still having problems too. We never thought that we would be suffering after this operation and no one told me either.

Bile acid malabsorption is rare for what I search but it must be a daily struggle for you!  I had diahrrea for many months after the surgery until the body adapted. I still get it sometimes really bad if I eat or drink the wrong thing. Just after surgery I had horrific chest spasms for almost a year, I've seen different consultants too and now I 've been getting burning and bit of pain in my stomach. I've read so much about this and I'm so scare that I'll be getting something worse and live in pain until I die. I wish you all the best and I really hope you find a solution for that you're suffering. No one should live in pain x

• Posted

Thank you so much Leni I really hope you get sorted soon love xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Leni I'm so sorry your still suffering. This is so terrible. Have you still got that burning pain all the time? What are the doctors saying? I just can't understand how some people are fine after the operation and others have dreadful side effects. Did you ever try the milk thistle complex? It's worth trying and might help you.it's brilliant and really helped me with indigestion and diarrhea. Unfortunately I'm still in terrible pain from the cyst which has now grown big again. I had been taking the milk thistle and herbs prescribed by my acupuncturist and stopped taking them when the cyst reduced down and thought it was going and unfortunately it's grown really big again. I'm back on it and specific herbs for the cyst. I've lost my faith in the medical profession as the radiographer told me when she did the scan a few weeks ago that the cyst was there last October (and never told me) when they found the stone and that it's likely to be the root of all my problems and not the gallstone although she said they may be connected to a hormone overload. My gp is now saying it's been the cyst all along too and I need to have it removed. I'm not letting them near me again unless it's life or death as I've already been told I would probably loose the ovary. My advise to you at this stage is to try the alternative road. So many do when they have issues and they find relief. I hope your little one is doing ok. You've suffered so much it's so unfair and poor sandynan too. Thinking of you both. Take care xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Ace xxx By the way I had a cyst on my ovary when I was 14 and again at the age of 35 they had to remove the ovary the cyst was too big to save it. I was fine after the removal xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.