warm flush tingling all over body

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all ??,

I'm a 49yo Male and recently been diagnosed with anxiety, I find it very difficult to deal with. The Doctor has put me on 50mg of sertraline a day (Started Two days ago), I get all kinds of not so wonderful symptoms. Like rapid heart beat, the sensation of skipped or missed beats, hot flushes, flatulence and just this moment a warm tingly feeling wash over my body then my heart started to race and a hot dlush. I have no pain what so ever, I've had ECG scans Bloods done, X-Ray and all have come back clean. The Cardiologist said there was no further investigation, am I going insane as this new episode scared me ....... Thank you in advance xx

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Anxiety can scare the socks off you. These are not among my symptoms, but I know they are anxiety symtoms. I am not the best person to answer you, but others here are. The week-ends can be slow, so be patient and hang in there. You are in the right place, Davey
    • Posted

Thank you Cia, I am a natural born worrier, and this is all new territory to me. My anxiety attacks seem to come on every other day. It's just a frightening experience each time either symptom happens, I am at the Doctors in three weeks time, to see how I am fairing on Sertraline and a one to one with a counsellor type person xx

• Posted

The counseling should help a lot. Don't hold anything back

By the way dearest Davey, no one is a natural born worrier....we learn it somplace, from someone, etc. If it is learned, it can be unlearned by putting other thoughts in the place of worrisome thoughts. Like...you are just a thought, not real, so shut up and get lost. That's mine.biggrin

• Posted

I went to the ER recently because I got a hot flush feeling that ran all the way from my chest toy groin then under my arms. My BP went crazy up to 171/108

I spent the night in the hospital and had the hot/warm flushes sporadically through the night.

I had someone come and talk to me about panic attacks. It now very infrequently hits me in spots and I just look at that area of my body and tell it, you are not real and you can't hurt me.

Believe me it works. I trained my brain that it I not going to hurt me so my heart doesn't go into the fight or flight mode which is why the heart rate increases.

A good book to understand how the brain works with anxiety is, 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques.

Good luck and it does take practice - breathing techniques are very important as well.

• Posted

Sorry Diane x I could of sworn I posted you x a reply, but seems not. I shall go to the library in the week and look up that book you x mentioned, as I'm not really coping with these attacks whilst the Meds sort themselves out. I'm easily scared and presume the worst, I'm good at supporting and understanding other people but totally rubbish when it concerns myself x

• Posted

If you can't find the book, I am sure others are just as informative. Look up CBT

When I get any anxiety symptoms I just tell myself you are not real and you can't hurt me. Other times I just keep repeating the phrase no, no, no just stop.

Exercise, a good clean diet, lots of water are all helpful and some can make a,big difference.

• Posted

I've been drinking water and cut out Coffee, and only have a cup of Tea or Two a day, I've had a pretty good day today, but this evening I think it's playing catch up. Sometimes I think my heart will just stop, when I go to bed I let sleep take me rather than go to sleep, how scared can a grown men get x

• Posted

I always lay on my left side and count to 4 and take deep breaths through my nose but make sure your belly breathing not chest expanding..

If you can do anything to distract your mind away from thinking about what your body is,feeling works the best for me.

Reading, tv, taking a walk, anything that diverts my attention

• Posted

Ony as scared as you let yourelf be, by believing and focusing on what these lying anxiety thoughts tell you. You hve read here that you need to train your own thoughts...just like training a child. You say NO, AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, until your mind believes you. No one else can do that for you. Do you let the disobedient child run your life...of course not. you just keep saying no until it sees that you are serious. Sooooo, first you have to get serious.wink

• Posted

Thanks Diane x, I hope in time I learn to face and deal with my alnxiety. I know there are many symptoms of anxiety but when it involves the heart (even though I've had the all clear) it's still frightening x

• Posted

You have some great advice Diane I'm now looking at that book you mentioned smile can I ask are you on citalopram or any medication for anxiety ? Thank you

• Posted

Thanks Cia x I know it's a condition that can be overcome, and not a disease. And I must take it by the horns, Ilike you say x

• Posted

I completely understand. I actually have heart disease and have a Stent in my heart so I will do whatever I can to slow my heart down.

I didn't get anxiety attacks until after my heart problem. I don't want you to think they are connected because they aren't. And,my anxiety didn't cause my heart blockage.

The belly breathing will slow the heart rate

• Posted

Yes, I am on 30mg of Citalopram and have been for about 3 months. I am also on Clonaxepam as needed which has worked wonders for me. The Ativan didn't work at all for me.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to read that Diane x, there is me going on and on I feel so selfish, I'll try that belly breathing x I've also heard of Box breathing ? x

• Posted

It will work along with in you mind feeling your muscles relax with every breath and,try to untighten your shoulders etc.

• Posted

Davey, every single person in the world who experiences anxiety, (25%

believes at first that they have a heart problem, or something wrong with their brain. No matter how many doctors and tests say they don't, they keep on beieving the lying anxiety thoughts.

You are at choice point...either believe the all clear and go forward, or keep letting those thoughts rule your life, and stay in the hell hole.

We all come to a point of making that decision. Some decide to stay with their story, but many, many more decide it's time to write a new one...with the help of friends or family or counselors or forums or any combination. So, Davey, old story or new story? Which one will bring you peace, comfort and a life?? Sending big hugs, darlin'.

• Posted

I know cia x, my wife more or less said the same thing. I'm fortunate to of come across people in the same boat, who are supportive and kind. And in time I hope (with experience) I can give advice and support to those seeking help, and for me to accept and embrace my condition in the hope of starting a new chapter x

• Posted

Davey, you seem like a dear, dear man, who is fortunate to have a wife in your corner. Stay with us here, and read other threads in the anxiety forum. Lots to be learned and lots of people to help, and just chat with. I'm proud of you, Honey.

• Posted

Thank you Cia x and everyone, for there time and kind support. And this forum is a great help and the right place for me xx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.