Was sent home from hospital having tachycardia

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi my heart rate is going crazy when resting it's jumping all over but goes normal limits like 80 ect but jumps straight to 108 by its self ect as soon as I stand my heart rate goes 145 -170 ect they have sent me home as they can't find a cause and I'm really worried I keep getting a adrenline feeling in my chest all the time but I'm not having a panic attack or anything It's been two days now since its been happening but the racing heart has been for a good week or more anyone have this where your heart jumps random numbers ??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Stephx, 

Yes!!! I to have had these episodes to the point where like you, I took myself to the hospital and was sent home after numerous tests. Doctors stating "anxiety and panic attacks". I also have suffered from pvc's and pac's. I FINALLY got into a Cardiologist who just ran an Echo. The results were all normal. However he did add Ginger to my diet. You can either make a tea with the root or take a pill form. Fingers crossed I have been episode free for a month. Not sure if it's the Ginger I added or an actual Cardiologist saying your heart is fine. Either way I wanted you to know, you are not alone and these episodes are so scary. I totally understand. Also I have a friend at work who suffers from this as well. Her heart rate would get into 200's!! They are now telling her any tooth infection could be some of her problem. She has always dealt with bad teeth. Just some suggestions I thought I would throw out there, I know this difficult. 

• Posted

Wow this is weird today I noticed well remember I was ignoring it my tooth is painful to eat on 😥 wow I need to get to dentist I'm actually going private health because I want to find what it is I'm sat down now it's flucating still but a soon as I stand it's flucating more like 120 -150 ect within seconds it's changed to one another it's scary my partner just made me a smoothie he put ginger in it xx
  • Posted

Hi Steph, if you have episodes of a racing heartbeat at those levels, then I would say it is one of the several possible forms of SVT, However, the cardiologist will need to see it on an ECG before they will refer for treatment I can recommend purchasing an Alivecor/Kardia ECG adapter from Amazon for around 100 dollars/£75. it attaches to an iPad/android phone and enables you to get a trace immediately. l managed to get an ECG of the attack, together with the transition to normal. I then emailed it to my consultant and it took 7 months from my first attack to have the Electrophysiology study and ablation performed three weeks ago. 

Hope this helps get the ball rolling for you.

Graham

• Posted

Hi Graham,

Could you pls let me know if the ablation went on well and you have relief from palpitation now? I am nervous as my ablation is scheduled next month. I guess it is worth getting an ablation done. Thanks!

• Posted

Wow really I will look that up! See its constantly the palps have calmed but my hearts still going to one extreme to another people keep saying panic attacks but i have no other symtoms of panic attacks accept the scared feeling in my chest but that's caused by the palps I know it is I had a attack of this a few years ago but it only lasted like a hour each time this has now been three days maybe even more as I've felt palps ect for a good 2 weeks just never thought to check it until this week xx
    • Posted

Basically blood pressure 112/75 sat down hr 90

Then I'll stand my blood pressure will go to 146/85

My heart rate will go to 140 then jump back to 69 then jump to 120 then jump to 110 ect all within a second this will happen

• Posted

Hi 🙋

My ablation went very well thanks. It was regular SVT on the left side and I have apparently had the condition since birth.

It has cured the SVT and apart from about an hour of irregular heartbeats the other day, the ticker is now running really well. This I am told was normal, so I'm now a very happy 😊 man.

Have the treatment and you will get your life back.

• Posted

I had the same thing. Is your HR always high? I went through episodes of fatigue, a racing sensation, breathlessness, nausea and lightheadedness. I went to separate GPs until the second sent me for a holter monitor. I was referred to a cardiologist shortly after and was told that I had Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, an uncommon form of SVT. My HR is elevated all the time, with a resting in the mid 80s. I would stand up and be over 100 immediately. I would be close to passing out during exercise with a HR of between 170 and 210. Recovery time post-exercise was long before my HR would even come down to a reasonable level. It is understated by many doctors, but it does impact your quality of life without treatment. I started taking ivabradine at the maximum dose and haven't looked back. I still have some episodes where my HR increases for no apparent reason but it is nothing like what it used to be. I recommend that you find a doctor who understands and will take you seriously. I couldn't stand being told that it was anxiety or panic attacks, when it was a genuine issue with my heart rate. I was lucky enough to find a quality cardiologist who knows a lot about IST. Since starting treatment my resting is in the 50s to 60s and I can do so much more with my life. I can train to levels I have never been able to and I have so much more energy for the everyday things. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thankyou yes my heart rate resting is flucating it will be like 73 next second 90 ect but it's still lowish a soon as I stand it goes like 120 -150 in a second and it's hard for me to even do anything at midday I feel exhausted like I can hardly lift my head because it's so tiering I'm at my GP tonight I'm going to go private as my health visitor ( I have a baby ) has said she looked at my notes and it says 6 weeks to wait for my holter and cardiologist ! Which is ridiculous when I can hardly move xx
  • Posted

Welcome to the Club.........

I was sent home with s blood clot in the heart...passed out in my kitchen floor two days later....by time EMTs reached me I was 60/30.......Drs snd Hospitals pudh you out these days without resolution....

You have the Right to answers and Wh Answers.Din let a Dr just tell you anything.........

Time to change Docs and report the incident

If you don't it will happen to someone else....they may not live.....or it may be you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.