We think I may have scfe, help???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my mom and I both think I have scfe. I'm 16, 5'7, I dance, and I'm overweight. I've been having issues with my right hip for about 2 years now. It started out being stiff and I couldn't do the flexible things I could do before. Then it turned into pain when I tried to do anything flexible. I went to a chiropractor and she adjusted me and it kind of made the stiffness and pain go away. She also commented on how my right hip was more turned out than the other one and how little I could move it compared to the left. Then it developed into whenever I did something physical, my hip/thigh would get sore and stiff all over again. More recently, a few days ago I was standing/walking/sitting for a few hours painting the outside of my house when my hip got stiff and I felt a sharp pain in it. I went to rest but it only got worse and no matter how I was laying or sitting, the pain wouldn't go away. I eventually began crying because of the pain and took a bunch of pain killers to help. After two days of resting, my hip was back to normal. Right now my hip is doing okay, but I haven't tried doing any real activity on it. If it is scfe, I really can't get the surgery for another 9 months, and I guess that's a problem? Is there anything I can do to prevent it from slipping more or hurting me while I wait? I have an appointment set up in about a week or so. Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kristy, how long have you had these symptoms? The only way to tell if you are suffering from scfe, and that is either with an X-ray or an MRI. Are you still able to walk and dance? Scfe is usually so painful you can not walk. Please go to the dr if you haven't been already and have an X-ray performed.
  • Posted

For some reason the rest of your post popped up on my screen. Didn't see the whole thing before. You can rest to prevent it from slipping more but that is not guaranteed. It will be extremely painful until you have surgery to repair it.
  • Posted

Hiya kristy. Get to the docs urgently. If you have an SCFE it's classed as an emergency and you could jump the doc and go there directly. If you were diagnosed with a SCFE expect surgery in a few days not weeks or months. Don't hang around go NOW it's not classed as an emergency for no reason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.