Weaning off 50 mgs trazadone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been taking trazadone for 16 years.Only a 50 mgs dose once at night.Started taking every other day.Is this a good way to start?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you've been taking it for 16 years why do you want to know how to start it?

Do you mean you want to withdraw from it? Is so then you need to discuss it with the person who prescribed it. No-one on a forum can tell you, we're not dr's. It would be dangerous for any Tom, dick or Harry to advise you.

• Posted

Read my post..terrifically kind answer from you.Thanks.
    • Posted

I've re-read your post and now I understand.

What did your dr tell you to do? When I got down to 50mg my dr told me to cut the 50mg tablet in half rather than taking it every other night. 50mg is a very small dose and I didn't notice any withdrawal effects. I was taking 500mg daily at one time, now trazadone free

• Posted

how did you taper off trazodone im trying to get off im 250mg how to taper thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.