Weaning off propranolol after 11 days.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been having horrible anxiety, doc prescribed propranolol. 60mg extended release tabs. Felt like complete carp, actually felt worse. Doc gave me the short release tabs. 20mg with instructions to take 20mg 2x a day for three days then a half tab once a day for three days. Seemed like a helluva drop so I called pharmacist. New weaning schedule 40mg for 2 days, 30 mg for 2 days, 20mg for 2 days and 10 mg for 2 days then I will be free of this horrible stuff. Does this sound like I was weaned right? Some anxiety so I'm not sure. Any input is greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm on 20g for the last 6 weeks it makes me feel crap all day

• Posted

I was on 40mg 3x per day for about 4months and after a while I just stopped. Cold turkey. I had two days of a sore head and then I was ok. But everyone is different and less or more sensitive to meds.

Good luck

• Posted

The doctor didn't tell me to come off them I was punt on them for the foreseeable future. I just didn't want to be taking them anymore so I stopped x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.