Week 1...TRKR

Posted , 9 users are following.

This is my week...pain pills, elevation, ice, sleep, repeat. Swelling has gone down a lot!

I'll be posting updates Hippies!

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yay Liz - welcome to the other side!!!!

Very glad your swelling is going down. I had quite the time with it.

Don't leave off your exercises - no matter how lazy or tired or sore you feel.

Take care - will catch you later.

Hugs.

L

• Posted

Hi Liz, 

You're super woman - I so hope that the pain is under control - how is your hip holding up - 

good that you sort of know what to expect, right - this too shall pass ..

sending you healing rays of Reiki 

be very gentle with Liz - 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Rest your body. Be well.It slowly gets better
  • Posted

Glad you made it, good luck in your recovery I go in two weeks, will be following you!

• Posted

Well....physical terrorist/therapist just left. My range of motion in the knee is great. Staying on top of the pain with the meds. Have these gross fracture blisters around my knee. They are so nasty. But very common. When the knee swells and here is nowhere for fluid to go, they form these lovely dramatic looking fracture blisters. I have on the size of an egg. ?? Anyway, that's my update for today! Thanks for keeping up with me!!

• Posted

Yikes! Glad your terrorist was in to see you, that would be more than a little scary otherwise.

Good luck getting through this stage - it really does does get easier. But balancing activity levels, sitting or standing time to manage swelling is tricky. Just remember, everything in modration.

Hugs,

L

• Posted

Ypu m ight get a giggle from this cartoon. I am happy with my hip now but in earlier days it looked as if it belonged in a horror movie!

Hugs,

L

• Posted

Those blisters sound awful!!!  Wishing you continued healing!!!
    • Posted

that is great though, that rom in knee is great ... but that blister ???? oh well -

thinking of you and continue to send you healing rays

angel blessings

renee

• Posted

Thank you Renee....doc did not warn me about the blisters. Probably because they are not harmful....except to the human eye! 😩 Thanks for the continue prayers!!
  • Posted

Hey Liz!  Welcome to the other side -- the good side!  Those blisters sound awful.  Never heard of them.   My big advice is to take those pain meds on a regular schedule -- I think I took a pill every 4 hours for at least the first week.....then maybe 5 hours the second week.  It worked for me.  Pain is no fun and keeps you from relaxing into the business of healing.   

Good luck with it all.  Keep us posted on your progress.  Hugs,  Leslie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.