Week 14**sucks..

Posted , 8 users are following.

Im entering Week 14 today* Still not feeling up to par. Not sure if these med's are even working anymore. I feel different everyday, I feel super tired, sluggish, no enery, no desire, MAJOR tension headached, neck pain, and i just feel overall disconnected**Not sure if i should keep going with this or tell my doc, to swtich me to something else, or if i should just wait longer** My anxiety is still there, almost feel paranoid each day* Just overall aweful feelings. dont feel like myself anymore.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest going back to doctor, I started to feel myself around 5 weeks, I am at week 8 and most side effects have gone. Everyone is different I know but I would have thought 14 weeks you would see some benefits.
  • Posted

I been on 20mg for 6/7 weeks and feel the same as you. So so tired drained don't really think they are helping my anxiety much! I don't feel half as bad as I did 6 weeks ago but still feel very weak shaky don't want to go where there's lots of people carnt stick to much noise carnt sleep tidy having dreams all night long driving me insane getting fed up! Surely things will get better over time! We just have to push through it x

• Posted

I would think by week 14 I would be feeling good too, but not sure what happened, some ppl say it's a blip, i dont know anymore if it's anxiety, the meds or what? but not being able to feel calm at all is not good** I would think i would have some kind of releif by now. Im going to go see my doc today and see what he says.

• Posted

Hello. Sorry you are feeling this way. I'm having a hard time also. I was on Prozac for 3 weeks then my Dr switch me to zoloft. I pray for healing soon! Let us know what your Dr. Says. Good luck!

• Posted

I was on zoloft a couple times before so that's why we went back to it. I am on 12.5 MG right now for a week and then supposed to go up to 25 mg. Not sure if I'm going to go up yet. I'm sensitive and get side effects. I remember being on zoloft 15 years ago for a month and was on 25 mg for a week and then 50 mg for three weeks and my body didn't respond like the way it does now to ssri's. I've tried a few of them. Hopefully it will help but I think to soon to say. I am not big on these medicines so I'm trying to be positive about it but it's hard.

• Posted

Hi jesika and kirsty

You both should go to doctor. You may just need increase in dose.

Also you should try finding something to distract you from this desperately waiting to get better. Watch tv marathons, sing, sleep, talk, drive, walk, meditate, soak in bath, ironing, listen to audiobooks, make Christmas cards, watch YouTube or play games on phone...anything you can for even a minute. This is where you'll find you can do things that would have been difficult before. It'll feel great.

Ps neck tension is a side effect perhaps. That might go naturally but you can ease it with neck stretches I found on wiki how website.

• Posted

I am doing it all, but this head tension just wont let me concentrate on anything***i cant sleep, with work i go to work...I increased my dose 7 weeks ago from 20 to 40mg. Could the fluoxetine be having me have some weird reaction to it? I keep getting numing head and feelings of passing out.
    • Posted

This does sound like side effects from increased dose. It should settle but go back to go or get a phone appointment just to reassure you if you are worried. You have enough filling your head.

Or it could be stress. If you are in a position to, perhaps think of taking time off sick for a week or so. Feeling like you do and being in work could be prolonging feelings and making you feel tense. Something might give and it's usually not work.

or have you tried drinking more water. Sounds odd but many headaches I suffer with were due to dehydration.

Or are you taking the right painkillers. I use ibruprofen for tension headaches. Take with food so doesn't make you sick. drink loads water and make sure you have a coffee (just in case it's caffeine withdrawal). It could be you need to take it with paracetamol to get a strong dose. Or it could be you need a strong prescription for headaches and tension to manage symptoms until they wear off.

Or do you need glasses.

Or have you been overusing your eyes while on phone playing games or watching too much tv and lying down too long.

Have you been for a back massage. That could help.

Or is your blood pressure ok? Perhaps beta blockers like propandol can help with shaking too.

• Posted

Relaxation technique

Sit on a chair. Sit in a upright position not slouching.

Or lie down on mattress or hard floor with no pillow. Nice and flat. If you feel aches breathe deeply in and out. On out breath imagine sinking into ground.

Scrunch your toes on right/left foot. as tight as you can for count of 10. Unscruch toes.

Point right/left toes up toward your knees. Tight as you can. You will feel calf stretch. Release after 10

Press knees together quite firmly for 10 and release slowly. Repeat

Clench bum cheeks as tight as you can, then release slowly. Repeat

Squeeze in tummy muscles tight as poss. Remember to breathe. After 10 release. Repeat

Each arm out stretches making tight fist.

Open hands taught with arm outstretched. Stretch fingers back to feel stretch. Do for count of 5.

Raise one shoulder only tight up to ear. Hold 10. Release very slowly down. Repeat on same shoulder. Then twice on other shoulder.

Turn your head gently to look over left shoulder then slowly to right. Hold for 5 each side. And back to looking forward.

Gently stretch head back to feel stretch in front of neck. Hold head straight up, then hang head on to chest very gently and loosely.

Scruch up your face and release.

Breathe in for 5 out for 5 very slowly but so you feel easy to breathe. Repeat as long as you like.

Hope you are feeling a bit looser. Do it every day before bed.

Or just lay on floor on back. And do breathing only. Hard floor seems to spot tense areas on body

• Posted

Hey Jesika, how are you feeling now??
    • Posted

well i dont even know, as weird as that sounds, i have my good and bad moments every day** Anxiety still creeps in the form, of making me suddently feel faint, blurred vision, shaky, nervous. Every day its something. Im at week 16 now? My doc just tells me to stick to it, but for how long i dont know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.