Week 3 escitalapram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Just looking for a bit if reasureance this is my start of week 3 week after changing for citalopram week 1-2 weren't so bad it's the start of week 3 and the morning anxiety come back is this normal ?

Thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi

It took 6 wks or so for Lexapro to settle for me & yes mornings were the worst for anxiety it will settle if not maybe go to your Doctor to discuss dosage.

• Posted

Thanks for reply

My main problem is anxiety /negative thoughts just hope they help with them how long have you been on them ? Do u feel better ?

Thanks

• Posted

Been on Lexapro for about 5yrs yes feel a lot better & seeing a clinical psychologist has also helped with negative thoughts.Β 
  • Posted

Hi Don. I take my escitalopram 15mg in the morning with 1 80mg propranlol capsule (for anxiety). this works well for me. stick with it the side effects do wear off. might be worth talking to your doc about adding in a low dose (1 x 80mg like me) for anxiety. xx
    • Posted

Thanks looloo

I am on 80mg of propranolol just hoping thing level out soon xx

• Posted

Hi Don, I'm identical to you, I switched from citalopram 20mg to escitalopram 5mg 2 weeks ago and felt really good for a week and a half then a few days ago woke about 4am with anxiety and feel really low, shaky and tired again! Feel like I'm on a roller coaster since all this started 6 months ago! Seeing my doctor tomorrow and wondering if he will up my dose!

What dose you on? Hopefully we will pick up as its so disheartening being up and down all the time.

• Posted

Hi Suesan

Im on 10mg how long were u on citalopram ?

My gp said escitalapram better for anxiety my main problem is anxiety and negative thoughts citalapram worked for me years ago bug not this time I've. Tried about 6 different meds in 2 1/2 years it's. Frustrating

Keep in touch πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

Hi don, I was on citalopram for 6 months but was so up and down on it! I done some research and yes it is suppose to better for anxiety so I'm like you hoping it kicks in properly! I felt really good for first week and a half, it's actually exactly two weeks today and I'm also on HRT too as it may be hormonal! It's so frustrating trying different things!

Hope things settle for you, x

• Posted

Hi don, meant to say my problem is the same, anxiety and worrying about everything and anything, it wears me out!!!

Yes stay in touch

Sue x

• Posted

Sounds just like me I feel more confident about this med than I have about the other ones so fingers crossed for me and u xx

πŸ™πŸΏπŸ™πŸΏ

• Posted

Sue/Don: Please stick with it for at least 6-8wks. It does get better on escitalopram (with small dose of propranalol i have). Especially if you are gradually bringing dose up to a prescribed level - stick with it once you reach the dose prescribed. I have been on the max 20mg day in past, but when i improved, came down to 15mg day (in agreement with my doc) which I manage well on for few years now. xx
    • Posted

Thanks looloo πŸ˜ƒ

I'm definitely going to give it time to work thanks for your support πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

Hi loo loo, I'm back at doctors today and hoping he will up my dose to 10 mg as feel like 5 isn't doing much! It's the mornings that are the worst, waking about 4am and shaky and dizzy feelings and agitation, thanks for your support x

• Posted

Sue/Don you are very welcome. good thing gradually bringing dose up - getting used to that dose, then only increasing if you think more needed, hard though it is, you need to be patient to let each dose settle before thinking about increasing, but in the long term I hope it makes you both feel better. Have either of you thought about doing one to one cbt? It was great for me 6yrs ago-changes your thinking, & stops you getting swept down the river of anxious thoughts. just a suggestion. xxx

• Posted

Hi looloo

I've had Cbt did it for 6 months private I've done accepunture Hypnotherpy anxiety group course all this helped and I understand it but my problem is puting it in to practice throw all this I've learned a lot as my thoughts don't go on as long as they used to so in time thing sould get even better ??

Thanks again xxx

It's people like u that help us though this ????

• Posted

Hi Don. Struggling with a colitis flare at present. Its getting me down a bit, but managing to rise above it mentally most of the time-the odd day with a few tears feeling sorry for myself. How about you? How you getting on with the escitalopram now & what dose are you on now? xx

• Posted

Hi

Still on 10mg it my 6th week up and down at the moment but I do feel better than when I was on citalopram I'm just going to give it time xx

• Posted

Hi Don, glad your feeling improvement on the escitalopram. Personally if it was me, I'd give it til week,& if you're still feeling up & down rather than mostly level, then perhaps talk to your doc about increasing to 15mg. (I am on that dose & have been for some time & it maintains me well). I have the odd off day at the moment, but I know that is down to ongoing illness, & will be fine once better & back at work. Take care. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.