week 5 on flouxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

im nearly on week 5 of flouxetine (prozac) im still feeling up and down ive had trouble with my 17 yrl old son that is why ive gone back on it, hoping that they will kick in properly soon any body else got any views.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you're having mood swings, you may consider asking about birth control. I take BC and Flouxetine together and it really helped curve my mood swings. the BC regulates your hormones so you don't have crazy ups and downs.
  • Posted

Im on day 5 and im feeling up and down, more anxiety ...do you know if that;s normal?
  • Posted

Hello

I've been on flouxetine for 5 months now, it's fairly normal. I felt really nervous and anxious and wouldn't stop crying. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to get the dosage right, if it keeps being a problem I would suggest going back to your doctor and ask if you can increase it to see if it helps.

I had to up my dosage twice.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.