WEEK 9

Posted , 4 users are following.

So here i am @ week 9. Im feeling very positive.I have had no more side effects.

I am now still on 2 tabs a day but 7 hours apart. I do feel anxious about totally being codeine free but in the next thought i wonder if i should just stop completly now?

I have managed to stop taking the antihistamines that i was using for my anxiety and only take one of these if i find i really need to such as the other day i was at a family funeral and found myself completly over whelmed as this is my first function since codeine reduction so i took one and it took the edge of my feelings, they really are a god send but i am aware not to get hooked on them.

I have had a headache/migraine for past 3 days and nothing touches it. This is when i would take a few extra codeine tabs but so far have just taken ibuprofen and paracetamol which are just useless to me now. If any one can recommend anything herbal non medicated i would be truly grateful as am at a loss as how to tackel it and it is rerally starting to get me down now.. I dont think its anything to do with codeine reduction. 

On a real plus note i have not visited a pharmacy in 2 weeks and have more money in my pocket but the best bit is not having to indure the stares of the knowing pharmacy colleagues, it feels so good smile 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa, with migraine headaches there are 3 x major causes:

1) DEHYDRATION - drinking more water will definitely help.

2) MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY - vitamins will help, you can also get a number of migraine dedicated magnesium vitamins. Will check mine at home and get back to you.

3) STRESS - With your sad loss of a family member your stress will be higher. Grief is aweful and may drive your willpower down. A massage and time out for yourself may help with this.

Warm wishes, Shake

• Posted

Well done Teresa..you have done great..I have been off them now for 5 and half months....cold turkey wasn't easy went through some really really bad times....but I'm through it...thank goodness ..you can and will do it....Anne xc

• Posted

Well done Teresa. That is fabulous. Two weeks away from a pharmacy... You are an inspiration. How do you buy your antihistimine? What is it called? I want to try that because I know I will get anxious without my codeine initially. Congratualtions!!!! Lots of love. Drew xxx
  • Posted

Hi Teresa,

Migraine Care  and Ultra Muscleze p5p are the two vitamins I have at the ready.  As with anything, everyone is different and what helps me might not help you.

NINE weeks is simply awesome!! I've gotta believe that a few headaches and migraines are worth it to get off and stay of the codeine monster.

However, from one severe migraine sufferer and codeine user to another, your strength is inspiring not just to me but as you can see, many are encouraged by you.

• Posted

Hi Shake, Thanks so much for your advice i will certianly be trying to find the vitamins. I dont drink much anyway so it could be a factor along with stress. I will pick up some vitamins you recommended. Do you take them on regular basis or when you have a migraine. 

It has been a struggle especially while i was suffering from migraine but i knew i had to stay strong or beforei knew it i would be back to taking a pack a day and i really do not want that. I am now nearing the end a feel very good but bit depressed which i have read is to be expected.

I am glad i am helping others but i am so grateful for evryone who has helped and encouraged me along the way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.