Week six, plaster off now have boot...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have recently had an operation to remove a HAglands deformity, a bursa and clean up my Achellies.. I have just been givin my boot, no wedges so foot flat.. However I have a pain in my heel near the instep..almost like I have something large and hard in my boot.. It's making walking uncomfortable. Has anyone else every experienced anything like this or have any suggestions as to what it could be..? I have tried the boot on the other foot and the boots fine... If anyone can help it will be very very much apreicated it's really worrying me.. 😔

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any antibiotics at all?
    • Posted

No, the scar seems to have healed ok at the moment...bit scabby at the base and lots of loose skin, especially since I have had a bath.. 
  • Posted

I used some Dr.Scholls gel heel cups to help me with my heel pain. The only time I have heel pain now is when I don't wear my shoes around the house for to long of a time. Maybe that is all you need.
    • Posted

Once I get back into real shoes and out of this boot I will give it a try... I am praying it's just a side effect of the operation and it will wear off.. Walking in my boot I have discover I still. Have a lot of pain in my Achellies tendon too, I am also hoping that's normal at this early stage of recovery.. Week six..😕
    • Posted

I put the heel cup into my boot and then moved it to my shoes. It helped immensely.Sore tendon when I first got into boot for me as well. The more you use it the better it gets. Just don't overdo it. You'll pay for it for a day or two if you do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.