wegeners on low dose naltrexone

Posted , 4 users are following.

has any members looked into this yet looks like the miracle drug for us

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the lead.  I read several articles last night and again today.  It seems to take a while to work on most people dealing with other issues.  I would not like to depend on this drug while in active GPA.  Too much danger to the kidneys.  But I will ask the Doctor about taking it after the Rituxan booster to hopefully prevent relapse.

By the way, do you have Wegeners or someone else?

• Posted

yes at 3rd relapse and i realy don't trust rituxan it's verry xpensive and it immuno supresses you so much that you are inviting cancer cells to develop
  • Posted

No, I will bring it up to my Doctors.. Iam looking for any thing to HELP .... This disease REALLY SUCKS ..........
  • Posted

you gp will probably say no because no scientific testing has been done to prove benefits the drug naltrexone is fda approved and has been around for quite a while but at first was made to fight drug alcohol addictions at 50 mg doses only a while later they started testing lower doses and found it to really crank up your immune system being off royalties pharmaceuticals will not invest in testing because any pharma could deliver cheap generic of the drug only hope the governement if it decides to fund testing on this seemingly miracle drug
  • Posted

> Wegener's Granulomatosis

D. is a 62-year-old male. In February 2000, after 3 years of recurrent upper respiratory symptoms and cough, and more recent difficulty with vision, he was admitted to a Boston medical center because of suspected vasculitis. He had lost energy and could not walk more than ten to fifteen steps without having to rest. The autoimmune disease Wegener's granulomatosis was considered probable, due to an elevated sedimentation rate (80) and a positive Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody [ANCA] level of 65. In May 2000, nasal tissue removed at surgery confirmed "necrotizing vasculitis … highly suggestive of Wegener's granulomatosis." He was treated with corticosteroids for nine months, until January 2001. The ANCA test was 1.9 in July 2000, 12 in January 2001 and back up to 40 in May 2001, at which time he was experiencing marked fatigue and upper respiratory symptoms.

D. started using low dose naltrexone (4.5mg) nightly in mid-May 2001. After several weeks he noticed a decrease in congestion and a noticeable increase in overall energy. Subsequent tests of ANCA were 16 in August 2001 and the most recent test of ANCA in late December 2001 was down to 1.0. As of September 2002, he continues to report a high energy level—equal to that prior to disease onset—and he is enjoying his noticeable improvement in overall health

• Posted

finally i have tried 5 months of ldn 4.5 mg and i flared up anyways so no magical wand here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.