Weight gain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All - I am from Aus too... just wanted to ask if anyone else has had weight gain on Livial?

I was put on 2.5mg and I felt that within the first few weeks, I blew up like a bloated fish. I felt like everything went puffy???

My Gyno said that weight gain was very common at my age (52) and that most likely the weight gain was not from the Livial. She basically said to suck it up. Hmmmm.... I go to the gym 4x during the week and have PT twice per week. Weight gain at that rate could've only been due to the tabs. I stopped. But all the horrible menopause stuff came back - dryness, no libido. Has anyone else had this sort of reaction to the treatment and should I go back on the tabs and hope that it evens out? The thought of getting puffy again with a tight wasitband etc makes me run for the hills!! Help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy I have gained weight and not had much change in my lifestyle I was always around optimal or a bit less for my height but now I'm on the high size. It is so hard to know if it is just getting older that does it as our bodies and nutritional needs change that causes this or is it Livial?  I will be interested to see what happens when I stop taking the pills. Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Caro - I agree that menopause can change our weight but my issue is that I seemed to gain a lot of weight the minute I started taking the tablets. My weight has gone back to normal - my stomach has lost some of the blubber that seemed to appear over the 4 months that I was on the tabs. The problem was that Livial helped in other areas with dryness etc - but I think that it was more than cooincidence that the weight piled on right when I was taking the medication. It was awful puffy weight too - blubber smile Thank goodness it is gone now .. but took me another 7 months to get rid of it!

• Posted

I think it's all down to the menopause not the medication x

• Posted

Hi mandy

Yes I did put on weigh over 2 years since been on menopause but have tried all different hrt so I cannot just say it was tibolone x 2 stone altogether but I have lost half a stone as been on a diet x

• Posted

Hi Mandy. I have been taking Tibolone for just over 3 months. I started gaining weight rapidly and as of yesterday have only taken half a tablet to see what happens. Already the puffed up, swollen feeling has reduced drastically. I was on Premarin before this, my main menopause symptom is joint/tendon pain which I have only had since surgical menopause. Are you still on Tibolone or have you found anything else that works?
  • Posted

I'm now in my 4th month of taking tibolone, put on 1/2 stone first month of taking it. Has anyone try diet whilst taking tibolone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.