Weight loss

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else had weight loss due to their anxiety ? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey Denise yes i lost 20lbs in four months due too my anxiety because I was afraid to eat because I thought food was causing the attacks
    • Posted

I'm going for ultra sound as it may be ibs there ruling out anything sinister I started with lower abdominal cramps and then the anxiety started now I'm scared to eat some days and wondering what to eat in case it is ibs I feel I am going round in circles is ibs causing my anxiety or is it my anxiety causing ibs symptoms thanks for your reply 
  • Posted

Hi, yes a lot. I don't have scales because I don't want to worry myself more. I'm small anyway so couldn't afford to lose weight but when I feel anxious I feel sick so can't eat x
    • Posted

Right trust me I know , you'll be okay if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here , I know first hand how frustrating this whole anxiety thing can be
    • Posted

I lost around 10 pounds in 2months because of anxiety most times I either have no apetite or I can't eat a lot.
  • Posted

Yes Denise I lost a lot of weight so much that u wd have thought I was terminally ill however I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid and I stopped smoking so I am the weight I should be

maybe just a little under

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.