Weightloss Buddy West London

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im starting Orlistat on Monday, 08/06/2015, I tired lots of different diets and lost alot of weight but always seem to put the weight back on. Im truing something different now and using Orlistat along with healthy eating and working out rather that the quick fix milkshake diets I have done in the past. Im not use to this so im looking for some to accompany me on my weightloss journey, Someone who I can suppose as well as receive support on a dailt basis.

If your interested let me know!

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I've lost 4st with Orlistat in the past and more recently 3.5stone.  The second time I shrunk a lot more than with the greater weight loss as I decided to try out the power plate at my local gym.  I trialled it for a month and then bought a second hand one. It is amazing at toning up and changing your shape, but be warned; the excess skin from the weight loss will sadly remain - it may shrink a little but it doesn't ever go.  I somehow ended up with a very "sculptured" abdomen and shrunk down 3 dress sizes.  Orlistat is fantastic if taken correctly, remembering to carefully count the fat in everything you eat.  Over about 8g of fat in your meal and there's a chance of oily stools and flatulence.  The key is to check the fat content of what you buy and eat, but also to be organised so that if you are going out somewhere and you may have once popped into the bakery or other fast food place, you have something in your bag to eat instead.  If you must pop in for a snack, a ham and tomato sandwich with no butter is good.  Keep fruit, Snack O'Jacks etc. to hand (I've usually got a supply in the car.  Please do not think you can pop a pill and eat what you once.  It may be a good idea to try that the once and see the side-effects.  That will ensure you never do it again!  

I wish you every success with the Orlistat next week.  It does take effort and planning, but then nothing worthwhile is ever easy.  Remember - plan, check fat  content, be organised and try a power plate.  If you're busy it is a great convenient way to get in shape.  You will also need to be doing some cardiovascular exercise though, and walking and swimming are both pretty good.  Best wishes and please let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, so how long did it take tou to lose 4 stone. I know everyone's body works differently but as a rough guide?
  • Posted

Hi I am starting orlistat on Wednesday 10th June and it's my first time do would like a buddy too.

I have 4 and a half stone to lose

• Posted

Hey Jo,

I have at least 4 stone to lose . It will be great to do it together. If you have what's app addr and we can chat easier there.

• Posted

Hi that's fab, I am on what's app as joanne close. Also I am like you having been on diets slimming world, weight watchers and Cambridge but always lost weight and put it back on. I am hoping that the side effect from these tablets will have a permanent effect on the way that I view food and fat!
  • Posted

Hello kpbridgeman I am also starting oralist at for the first time starting tomorrow (8th) maybe it would be nice to start the long hard journey together! I have about 5 stone that I need to shift so quite hard to find the motivation to start somewhere!
    • Posted

Hi Charlotte.  I've just seen your comment after posting mine.  Lets hope we can do this together.
    • Posted

Hello Sharon nice to know there is someone else starting as well. Haven't got to the point of having children yet just getting through uni but having always been overweight and it ballooning in the last couple of years asked my doctor what she thought of orlistat and she said it's worth a try as sometimes it's that kickstart that you need. 

Also a bit scared for the side effects to come but hopefully that will keep us off the snacking!

• Posted

Hi Charlotte

I'm starting on Wednesday maybe we can all do it together.

• Posted

Hi... I started Orlistat last week, am on whatsapp, could I join you? I'm hoping my weight loss is a slow start, would love to swap ideas, and chat to people in the same boat.

have had no side effects but no drastic weight loss either, am trying to stay under 1500 calories a day,which I'm doing quite well, and walk on a treadmill every day, but have only lost 2lb.

• Posted

Hello kpbrigdeman and Jo.  I am starting Orlistat tomorrow, 8th June.  As you mentioned, I too have tried all the diets and clubs but have not succeeded.  I have always been bigger than I should have been.  But since having my children now 4 and 2, I cannot shift the excess weight.

I have 4 stone to loose as well.  I wonder if I could tag along on the journey too?

I am really worried about calculating fat content as I've never looked at this before as I have never been good at counting calories.  I little scared of the side effects, should I get it wrong!!

I really hope we are all successful this time.  I'm kind of seeing it as my last chance.

• Posted

Hi Sharon

That would be fab, the more support there is might make it a bit easier for us all.

I have installed nutracheck on my phone for the fat in the foods.

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I have 3 children 9,8 and 3 , got down to a size 12 two years ago but put it all and more back on so I am also looking at this as my last chance

• Posted

The more the merrier and hopefully we can all keep each other going! 

My reply just disappeared somewhere so apologies if there are two saying the same thing. 

So what sort of point are you at had children like Sharon or not yet?

maybe we can start a group chat or something on whatsapp or something similar to keep in touch and motivate each other

• Posted

Sorry just asked what you've already answered which isn't being shown as its being moderated or something like that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.